Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Frida

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I thought this was going to be a thread about Frida Kahlo :(

Am I alone in thinking Frida Kahlo's paintings are a bit shíte? They look like a cross between medieval stick figures and realism.

On topic, having a few beers and heading over to a friends for some pictionary, and maybe a game of risk. If there's anything to be smoked or sniffed I'll not say no, but no plans as of yet.

zSparc wrote: »
    How about we all meet in Voodoo Lounge and get trashed?

Oh no. I'm happy-ish in bed. Although I would like the sweet caress of a can of coke or the filling comfort of a pepperoni pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭zSparc

sweet caress
    That's all I can provide you with, my friend.

That's all I can provide you with, my friend.

Ah thanks :p

Jaysus there is some hoppin' and boppin' going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

My Polish neighbour gave me a Polish beer he brought back from Poland, and I'm drinking it.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    My Polish neighbour gave me a Polish beer he brought back from Poland, and I'm drinking it.
    Oh the coincidence. What's the name of it?

Perla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

I'll just rent whatever's available for the Route 66 jaunt. Thelma and Louise style.

Starting to get the vibe now, yeah. Think I might just stir for that. At some stage.

Maynooth via Leixlip?

Perla.

Tell your friend to go **** himself for bringing you that sh*te.

TPD wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking Frida Kahlo's paintings are a bit shíte? They look like a cross between medieval stick figures and realism.

On topic, having a few beers and heading over to a friends for some pictionary, and maybe a game of risk. If there's anything to be smoked or sniffed I'll not say no, but no plans as of yet.

I agree. It's her I'm fascinated with. She was a very interesting woman I think. Her letters and poems are very beautiful. Let me see if a link will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Who the hell mentioned Pringles ? Now I'm gonna want Pringles. Like, I want them already, but I'll want them more after the drinks.

Going to have to make do with sweet microwave popcorn with salt and butter. Try it, it's nice.

For the disappointed Frida lovers :)

Tell your friend to go **** himself for bringing you that sh*te.

He brought it for himself and then I did him a favour so he gave me a couple of beers. The other was Okocim and it was better alright, this one is nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I agree. It's her I'm fascinated with. She was a very interesting woman I think. Her letters and poems are very beautiful. Let me see if a link will work.

In the video I linked to above, I can't help but feel a bit of uneasiness about her. Hard to put a finger on it, her words are touching and sincere, but it's like the body language is nearly ... sort of incestuous while it obviously isn't.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Where's Frida?

Here she is!:pac:

He brought it for himself and then I did him a favour so he gave me a couple of beers. The other was Okocim and it was better alright, this one is nothing special.
    Warka Strong is the way to go. Or Zywiec, but only the dark ones above 8%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Heard a good one today. Ye wouldn't like it though twas more of a Monday joke.

Heard a good one today. Ye wouldn't like it though twas more of a Monday joke.

Carry on son, it's s shi*e thread may as well take shi**y jokes.

zSparc wrote:
    Carry on son, it's s shi*e thread may as well take shi**y jokes.

Dad?

Well it wasn't a joke per se, more like an observation I hadn't heard in all my 43 years.

"My days were numbered the day i was born" says a shopkeeper to me on me buying a packet of cigarettes. The chap made my day. I smoked them 5 at a time.

In the video I linked to above, I can't help but feel a bit of uneasiness about her. Hard to put a finger on it, her words are touching and sincere, but it's like the body language is nearly ... sort of incestuous while it obviously isn't.

I didn't see her body language as being incestuous but I get what you mean about the uneasiness. She was a woman I think who struggled with who she was, as if she never really knew. Perhaps the unease you sensed was her own confusion about how to be. The body language of someone who was unsure about her place in the world and in Diego's life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm on the couch, with the OH. We've just finished watching in the heart of the sea, and about to watch sisters. He's giving out to me for sitting with my legs curled up underneath me, reckons it's bad. I was planning on staying off the booze but couldn't be listening him sober.

Will be going to sleep with him too. Soon to be drinking a red wine, smoking nothing and sniffing less.

My life's got very boring.

my 43 years.

Anything else from the Twilight Zone? Tales from the crypt?

with the OH
    Disqualified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Disqualified.

I don't let him out. We have to stay home and make each other miserable, fri night bants.

Sometimes my life feels like it's an episode of The Twilight Zone. A kind of surreal quality to it where I can't quite believe it is my life.

Sometimes my life feels like it's an episode of The Twilight Zone.
    I'm sure it does :P

zSparc wrote:

That queen bee episode springs to mind! ;-)

I'm sure it does :P

Wha?!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That queen bee episode springs to mind! ;-)

Is that not Tales of the Unexpected?

Pizza despatched, dog happy with a couple of crusts and snoring. Who needs a social life...this is great. Although this time last week I was drinking Jameson and Coke as if they were €1.50 a go....which they were...happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I will tell you one thing about this frida night...the weather cant make its mind up. Torrential one minute....nice and mooney the next.

Advertisement