Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 US Presidential Race - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Presumably you need a Conservafactcheckopedia, to offer "fair and balanced" counterpoint to reality's pro-liberal bias.

From now on we should only refer to the unbiased media regarding hillary clinton
    http://www.conservapedia.com/Hillary_Rodham_Clinton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/aug/11/julian-assange-to-be-questioned-inside-embassy-as-ecuador-agrees-to-set-date

Assange granted his request to have Swedish prosecutors question him in the Ecuadorian embassy. Interesting as they were so steadfast previously. What has changed over the past few weeks in that respect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Akrasia wrote: »
    From now on we should only refer to the unbiased media regarding hillary clinton
    http://www.conservapedia.com/Hillary_Rodham_Clinton
    No, that's overtly biased.

CNN is an example of covert bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 longford101

Trump becomes more and more stupid everyday... cant wait for him and his team to be forgotten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

New issue of Time magazine out - the cover is pretty amazing

8aKmlu0.jpg

http://twitter.com/mic/status/763699896218185728/photo/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Former US representative Mark Foley was seen in the front row at a Trump rally yesterday. For those that don't know Foley was forced to resign from Congress in disgrace for sending sexually explicit text messages to teenage congressional aides. It's likely that the two know each other through Trump's rumoured NAMBLA activities.

Time Magazine’s Hillary Clinton cover, when revelations of her basement email server came out, the lies began, and the scandal was reaching a fever pitch.

th?id=OIP.Mbba87181d4f4643402288c5426db1822o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Bias much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    You again did you know post 9/11 millions of Americans were told to believe that the enemy of America came from the 1 billion Muslims that live around the world. When you start painting an entire religion as enemies of America it is near impossible to detract yourself from the views you take. The American & international media unleashed a tirade of insinuations against Muslims across the world. When the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan started those soldiers knew they were fighting Muslim terrorists known as Jihadists. Trump does not hide away from the dangers posed by these Jihadists unlike some. Previous administrations have aided and abetted these groups and are complicit and certainly involved with dangerous Islamic clerics.
    Good job not actually addressing a single one of the post quotes. But of course you're not a liar Brian, you just seem to contradict yourself every other time you open your mouth. Gonna put you on ignore now, not worth the hassle.
    Peist2007 wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/aug/11/julian-assange-to-be-questioned-inside-embassy-as-ecuador-agrees-to-set-date

Assange granted his request to have Swedish prosecutors question him in the Ecuadorian embassy. Interesting as they were so steadfast previously. What has changed over the past few weeks in that respect?
    Now again I will ask, because you seemed eager to avoid these after throwing out accusations:

Please find where I implied the DNC emails were not real. Otherwise don't attempt to put words in my mouth.

Please find where I implied the people who released them did. Otherwise don't attempt to put words in my mouth.

Please find where I said Wikileaks revelations have ever turned out to be false. Otherwise don't attempt to put words in my mouth.

Still waiting on an answer, why did you make these accusations again? Please don't be a coward and try to avoid answering.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Former US representative Mark Foley was seen in the front row at a Trump rally yesterday. For those that don't know Foley was forced to resign from Congress in disgrace for sending sexually explicit text messages to teenage congressional aides. It's likely that the two know each other through Trump's rumoured NAMBLA activities.

I see Hillary is now reaching out to the many Republicans who are having second thoughts about Trump. A number of high profile Republicans have come out in support of her recently.

This is exactly the opposite of what Trump needs. Lots of people a few weeks back thought he'd a good chance of winning over dissatisfied Democrats but he has shown he doesn't have the temperament to do it.

An election is as much about mental toughness as anything else, often it's about who makes the least mistakes. That's what the Time cover captures.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Ronald Reagan's Daughter Blasts Trump's 'Verbal Violence'
    To Donald Trump: I am the daughter of a man who was shot by someone who got his inspiration from a movie, someone who believed if he killed the President the actress from that movie would notice him. Your glib and horrifying comment about "Second Amendment people" was heard around the world. It was heard by sane and decent people who shudder at your fondness for verbal violence. It was heard by your supporters, many of whom gleefully and angrily yell, "Lock her up!" at your rallies. It was heard by the person sitting alone in a room, locked in his own dark fantasies, who sees unbridled violence as a way to make his mark in the world, and is just looking for ideas. Yes, Mr. Trump, words matter. But then you know that, which makes this all even more horrifying.

Now I know that Patti Davis was never really on the "inside" in the Reagan clan , but surely this has got to hurt Trump with GOP members?

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    Good job not actually addressing a single one of the post quotes. But of course you're not a liar Brian, you just seem to contradict yourself every other time you open your mouth. Gonna put you on ignore now, not worth the hassle.

Still waiting on an answer, why did you make these accusations again? Please don't be a coward and try to avoid answering.

Mod:

That's enough Billy. You've had a series of posts that are below the standard expected and until we get this sorted out via pm do not post on this (or the new one) thread again.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Amerika wrote: »
    Time Magazine’s Hillary Clinton cover, when revelations of her basement email server came out, the lies began, and the scandal was reaching a fever pitch.

Bias much?

I've no doubt that if that was a pic of Trump you'd be talking about the bias due to the devil horns.

K-9 wrote: »
    I see Hillary is now reaching out to the many Republicans who are having second thoughts about Trump. A number of high profile Republicans have come out in support of her recently.

This is exactly the opposite of what Trump needs. Lots of people a few weeks back thought he'd a good chance of winning over dissatisfied Democrats but he has shown he doesn't have the temperament to do it.

An election is as much about mental toughness as anything else, often it's about who makes the least mistakes. That's what the Time cover captures.

I’m starting to fall into the camp that believes it might take a miracle (or big October surprise) for Trump to pull it out. I’m just saddened that Hillary could be the next President. with this election anything is possible and with all revelations is coming out now of apparent pay-to-play schemes between the Clinton Foundation and the State Department, voters might say enough is enough if the DOJ continues to view Hillary as Too Big To Prosecute. I’m sure there is much more damaging revelations to come and already it looks like a RICO investigation is warranted. At some point the voters will realize Hillary and the Obama Administration think they are above the law, and not subject to the same laws us ordinary peons must abide by. So the only way Trump might pull it out at this point is via the protest vote. But, hey, a win is a win, right?

If the Republicans lose, I would have much rather it be to someone like a Jim Webb who dropped out democratic primary early, or even Joe Biden. I know it may be hard to believe, but some Democrats really are good people. ;):)

molloyjh wrote: »
    I've no doubt that if that was a pic of Trump you'd be talking about the bias due to the devil horns.
    LOL. I had no idea what you were talking about, but after looking more closely at the pic, I had to laugh. I hardly think Time Magazine was telling us we had to exorcise her. Did the Secret Service come out and say there were aware of the picture? :)

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Ronald Reagan's Daughter Blasts Trump's 'Verbal Violence'

Now I know that Patti Davis was never really on the "inside" in the Reagan clan , but surely this has got to hurt Trump with GOP members?
    Most of the GOP know Patti and Ron Jr are flaming liberals and were a political embarrassment to Ronald Reagan. What the two of them say has no effect on republicans. I’m sure Patti and Ron Jr will be drug out from under the covers, once again in this election cycle, when the media needs something for their Daily Two Minutes Of (Trump) Hate. But notice the media has no problem embarrassing a Republican president with his children, but the pictures and story of the president's daughter smoking pot at Lollapalooza are pretty much non-existent from the media.

I won’t post pictures of her here, because she is still too young to understand how a public display of something illegal from someone in her position can hurt not only her but those around her who love her.

And I'll stop bashing the biased media, when the media stops being biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Most of the GOP know Patti and Ron Jr are flaming liberals and were a political embarrassment to Ronald Reagan. What the two of them say has no effect on republicans. I’m sure Patti and Ron Jr will be drug out from under the covers, once again in this election cycle, when the media needs something for their Daily Two Minutes Of (Trump) Hate. But notice the media has no problem embarrassing a Republican president with his children, but the pictures and story of the president's daughter smoking pot at Lollapalooza are pretty much non-existent from the media.

I won’t post pictures of her here, because she is still too young to understand how a public display of something illegal from someone in her position can her not only hurt her but those around her who love her.

And I'll stop bashing the biased media, when the media stops being biased.

Ronald Reagan would qualify as a liberal these days as far as most of the GOP go. I bet the convention had him turning in his grave. It's quite sad just how far from any semblance of sanity the Republican Party is at the moment.

FYI Illinois decriminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana last month (Lollapalooza was in Illinois).

B0jangles wrote: »
    FYI Illinois decriminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana last month (Lollapalooza was in Illinois).
    Per Whitehouse.gov...

What is the Federal response to state marijuana initiatives?

In enacting the Controlled Substances Act (CSA), Congress determined that marijuana is a Schedule I controlled substance. In 2012, voters in Colorado and Washington state also passed initiatives legalizing marijuana for adults 21 and older under state law. As with state medical marijuana laws, it is important to note that Congress has determined that marijuana is a dangerous drug and that the illegal distribution and sale of marijuana is a serious crime. The Department of Justice (DOJ) is committed to enforcing the CSA consistent with these determinations. On August 29, 2013, DOJ issued guidance to Federal prosecutors concerning marijuana enforcement under the CSA. The Department’s guidance is available on the DOJ web site, and provides further detail.

I’m starting to fall into the camp that believes it might take a miracle (or big October surprise) for Trump to pull it out. I’m just saddened that Hillary could be the next President. with this election anything is possible and with all revelations is coming out now of apparent pay-to-play schemes between the Clinton Foundation and the State Department, voters might say enough is enough if the DOJ continues to view Hillary as Too Big To Prosecute. I’m sure there is much more damaging revelations to come and already it looks like a RICO investigation is warranted. At some point the voters will realize Hillary and the Obama Administration think they are above the law, and not subject to the same laws us ordinary peons must abide by. So the only way Trump might pull it out at this point is via the protest vote. But, hey, a win is a win, right?

If the Republicans lose, I would have much rather it be to someone like a Jim Webb who dropped out democratic primary early, or even Joe Biden. I know it may be hard to believe, but some Democrats really are good people. ;):)

Until something concrete comes out about the emails I don't think your average voter cares too much, they just go on about their lives.

Candidates have come back before from deficits like this but it is going to take something big and a change in his campaign to win it. Something unexpected could swing it but atm Trump himself is that unexpected thing!

His campaign team must be pulling their hair out. One step forwards, 2 giants ones back.

Until something concrete comes out about the emails I don't think your average voter cares too much, they just go on about their lives.

Candidates have come back before from deficits like this but it is going to take something big and a change in his campaign to win it. Something unexpected could swing it but atm Trump himself is that unexpected thing!

His campaign team must be pulling their hair out. One step forwards, 2 giants ones back.

I'm almost to the point where I would like to tell Trump to just read off the teleprompter for now on and bore us to tears.

• Advertisement

Per Whitehouse.gov...

In enacting the Controlled Substances Act (CSA), Congress determined that marijuana is a Schedule I controlled substance. In 2012, voters in Colorado and Washington state also passed initiatives legalizing marijuana for adults 21 and older under state law. As with state medical marijuana laws, it is important to note that Congress has determined that marijuana is a dangerous drug and that the illegal distribution and sale of marijuana is a serious crime. The Department of Justice (DOJ) is committed to enforcing the CSA consistent with these determinations. On August 29, 2013, DOJ issued guidance to Federal prosecutors concerning marijuana enforcement under the CSA. The Department’s guidance is available on the DOJ web site, and provides further detail.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-illinois-marijuana-decriminalzation-0730-20160729-story.html

Its all a side issue since there is no actual evidence Ms. Obama was actually smoking a joint beyond the word of an anonymous witness who says they "smelled pot".

On the media bias question; media outlets tend flock to whoever says the most outrageous thing most recently. Mr. Trump says something outrageous pretty much every 24 hours - he took a short break when he mananged to deliver a single scripted speech without incident, but he was back on form within a day or two with first the 2nd amendment people thing, and most recently with the Obama founded ISIS claim.

He was even given the opportunity to back away from the claim that Obama is literally, directly responsible for founding ISIS, but he chose to double-down and repeat the claim.

S6wvaIn.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htpctw3T10w

(relevant portion starts at 15.28)

Directly quoting Mr. Trump is not media bias; if he looks bad it is because he keeps saying insane things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

What's this about one of Obama's daughters smoking weed at Lollapalooza? Is it some Breithalsbart/Daily Caller/WorldNewsDaily.net bollocks?

What's this about one of Obama's daughters smoking weed at Lollapalooza? Is it some Breithalsbart/Daily Caller/WorldNewsDaily.net bollocks?
    There's a video of it... And not from any right leaning media source. You can find it with a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Per Whitehouse.gov...

The legal distribution and sale of marijuana within states that have legislated for it is notably not subject to federal enforcement. No foul evident here.

alastair wrote: »
    The legal distribution and sale of marijuana within states that have legislated for it is notably not subject to federal enforcement. No foul evident here.
    Yes, there is a foul.

https://www.justice.gov/iso/opa/resources/3052013829132756857467.pdf

Billy86 wrote: »

I think you'll recall the above was you talking to no one in particular. You did, however, fail to answer my questions.

Any idea why Assange is suddenly getting favourable treatment from those pursuing him? Even an inkling? Or do you want to continually ignore Hillary's shadiness due to your entrenched position?

Get outside and get some fresh air, good man ;)

You'd think you'd have enough ammo to make Trump look like a buffoon without making yourself look <snip - peist banned for 2 weeks for personal abuse - js> as well. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

There's a video of it... And not from any right leaning media source. You can find it with a search.

OK, since I'm not a passenger on the Trump Trainwreck, I retract my statement. She IS 18 though, I can't really give out to her.

Candidates have come back before from deficits like this but it is going to take something big and a change in his campaign to win it.

Hence why the sudden favourable treatment of Assange is interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Bias much?

Yes, reality's pro-liberal -- or in the case of this contest, pro a degree of moderation and sanity -- bias kicking in again. You really can't expect your wild and woolly assertions of a fringe-right "normal" about "scandals reaching a fever pitch" to be taken in the least bit seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement