Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bait Pump

Options
  • 09-06-2003 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭

Okay folks, went mad and bought one, and guess what, I haven't got a clue how to use it?

Any suggestions

Sean

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

:eek: aw christ ,ill try and help u

Fill the injector with your favorite scented fish attractant — crappie nibbles, catfish dough, worms, shrimp and just about any other chopped bait.

Replace the plunger and turn clockwise until paste reaches the nozzle end.

Insert the nozzle end into a tube jig or favorite plastic and fill with desired amount of paste.

After injecting, turn plunger counter clockwise 1/2 turn to release the pressure.

There are many times a fisherman won’t even feel the fish pick up the plastic before they spit it back out. But with the “Bait Pump”, the fish will hold and swim off with the plastic in its mouth.

okay :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

I've never used a bait pump but here goes.
    A bait pump is used for collecting lug worm.
    (/me looks at LIM and scratches my head!!).
    There are instructions, with photos here and here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

There are different kinds of bait pumps that do TOTALLY different things. One is for digging up worms and the other is for keeping bait alive.
    Which one have you?

KeepAlive
    KA460.jpg
    original1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Originally posted by LastIrishMonkey
    :eek: aw christ ,ill try and help u

There are many times a fisherman won’t even feel the fish pick up the plastic before they spit it back out. But with the “Bait Pump”, the fish will hold and swim off with the plastic in its mouth.

okay :rolleyes:

Me thinks me should have said that it was a worm bait pump :confused:

Originally posted by jd
    I've never used a bait pump but here goes.
    A bait pump is used for collecting lug worm.
    (/me looks at LIM and scratches my head!!).
    There are instructions, with photos here and here

Many thnaks that has helped a lot.

Sean

• Advertisement

Originally posted by PH01
    There are different kinds of bait pumps that do TOTALLY different things. One is for digging up worms and the other is for keeping bait alive.
    Which one have you?

Twas the worm one. when I first saw your pics I thought it was a flame thrower :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Originally posted by tcob1
    Twas the worm one. when I first saw your pics I thought it was a flame thrower :D
    Ah, the worm one. You haven't used it yet? Let us know how you get on.

Another thing. They're probably more environmently friendly than digging great big holes all over the sand banks?

ph01 was alledged to have said
    Ah, the worm one. You haven't used it yet? Let us know how you get on.

Another thing. They're probably more environmently friendly than digging great big holes all over the sand banks?

Will do, the tides are high at mid day so it maybe the weekend before I get the chance.

My dogs leave enough holes all along the beach anyway :)

My instruction are how i used to use my bait pump,But i hate em there poo i just use my old Rod or Fly rod u sould take fly up and you will never go back :p

My instruction are how i used to use my bait pump,But i hate em there poo i just use my old Rod or Fly rod u sould take fly up and you will never go back :p

Do you mean fly fishing for mackeral, I would not need worms anyway, it is more for pollock and dogs

What line etc do you use for fly fishing on sea

• Advertisement

i use my fly rod for everything now a days i make my own flys for mackeral or pollock or sometime cod if there feeding near the top of the water........... :p it much more fun and great practice for river fishing

i use my fly rod for everything now a days i make my own flys for mackeral or pollock or sometime cod if there feeding near the top of the water........... :p it much more fun and great practice for river fishing

River fishing holds no interest for me, I have tried it a couple of times. Of course being in the west of Connemara, the only game we have is Salmon or brown trout, the Corrib is too awkward for me. I am in the middle of restoring an old cane rod and the next thing maybe trying some fly fishing off my dory

Sean

Advertisement