Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd hand digibox

Options
  • 09-06-2003 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have purchased a 2nd hand Digibox from a reputable retailer and i have inserted my card and rang sky to activateit quoting my version no., serial no., and card no etc. but the channels only begin at channel 181(Travel Channel). The "techy at sky have told me it can take up to 24 hrs for the card to activate. Is thsi possible?. I have had some previous bad experiences of the "Sky Techies" and quit simply do not trust them, as i feel that they will give you any answer to get rid of you off the phone.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It might need a SW update to "recognise" the card.

If the Pay channels are actually not even on the EPG listing/guide screen then:

Unplug box.

Make sure card in and hold "Backup" button ON THE BOX, not remote.

Plug in the box.

If you don't have SCART to TV, you won't see anything.

You can let go of backup button when you get the warning message.

Read the Sky FAQ lists.

It takes maybe up to 12 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by topflite
    I have purchased a 2nd hand Digibox from a reputable retailer and i have inserted my card and rang sky to activateit quoting my version no., serial no., and card no etc. but the channels only begin at channel 181(Travel Channel). The "techy at sky have told me it can take up to 24 hrs for the card to activate. Is thsi possible?. I have had some previous bad experiences of the "Sky Techies" and quit simply do not trust them, as i feel that they will give you any answer to get rid of you off the phone.:confused:

All the channels will not appear on the EPG until the card is authorised. A manual switch on normaly takes place with a couple of hours.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement