Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirror subscription

Options
  • 09-06-2003 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Anybody know if the 2nd mirror subscription is available yet or is it not going to launch until Sky+ launches. Also, can you just the subscription or do they make you buy a second box and installation as well when subscribing.

regards,
    Peter

Comments

If I understand your question correctly...
    The mirror sub is not available yet afaik.

You won't be forced to buy a new digibox or pay instalation fee's, if the mirror sub is for the second digibox, you already have.

If you don't already have one you can get it independently via e-bay or a retailer,Unless you can do a diy, you will have to pay somebody for an instalation.
    And it's going to be much more than €15 as you will need at least a new dual lnb,a run of cable and the persons time.
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

There were at least two ads on Sky One last night for the mirror subscription. Both of the showed prices in €, one of them called out the Irish number, the other called out the UK number but I think it showed the Irish number in the small print.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Yep, I seen those as well. If it is not available then I would kick up a huge fuss with them about false advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

Thanks for the reply's guys.
    I phoned them up today and they said it wouldn't be available until around the end of June.

I got hold of a second hand box and got it repaired so I didn't really want to be forced into buying another one and having it installed, especially as it's actually my next door neighbour who subscribes to Sky and not me. I just ran a phoneline from his house to mine and now I'll get a €60/month package for just €20 although it's hardly even worth that IMO.

I phoned up earlier today for the 2nd card and the guy told me that I would have to buy a box and get it installed if I wanted the 2nd subscription even though I already have a spare box.

He did seem a bit unsure about this though and I'm wondering if it is really true as nowhere in the Terms and Conditions does it say that you must buy a box from Sky in order to get the mirror subscription, and others on here who got Sky+ didn't have to buy the box. Anybody else here forced to buy another box?

• Advertisement

Chances are you would have got ten randomly different answers with ten calls.
    If you get a reply like that again, just ask for the supervisor as you believe that they are wrong
    mm
    p.s I would be charging you €40 per month for that €60 package if I was your neighbour, reducing mine by 20 also!:D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Man

p.s I would be charging you €40 per month for that €60 package if I was your neighbour, reducing mine by 20 also!:D

Yeah, I'd do the same! Then both of you pay the same amount. And €40 wouldn't be too bad for Sky World! ;)

@man

You're right. I phoned up again a while after that and this time the girl that answered was alot more helpful but still couldn't send me a card. She contacted someone in another department who said there was some sort of problem with the system where it wouldn't allow another card to be sent out because I hadn't got the second box direct from Sky. It was probably a load of sh*t but she seemed to make a note in her diary and promised to call back on Tuesday so hopefully it will be sorted then.
    Perhaps I should threaten to cancel Sky altogether if they dont send me a card, the last time I did that I got the entire of the old Sky analog package for £5.99 a month for an entire year.

Advertisement