Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Sub and FTV card combination?

Options
  • 09-06-2003 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

I have a friend who needs to change boxes and has an unactivated FTV card. Which should he get activated first on the new box, the FTV card and then the sub card or vice versa. Does it matter? Are the two departments cross checking information??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

Well, if this helps anyone here goes.

Friend had an old FTV card which was being swapped with an old style sub card.

The old FTV card became invalid (all channels saying that the new version card needed to be inserted) when the new sub card was activated.

Ordered a new style FTV card. Also had to order for other reasons a new box.

Tried to use the old style FTV card in the new box, now ITV , C4 and 5 working no problem but a message saying a box/card mismatch on BBC etc.

Got the Irish sub transferred to the new box and it hasn't made the old style FTV card invalid. ITV, C4 and 5 working ok and I imagine when the BBC goes FTA the other channels will as well. (so no real need for the replacement FTV card)

So if you have an old style FTV card don't discard it as it will certainly work on another box for ITV etc at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

So if I get you right, you think that maybe an unmatched old FTV card will work for the three stations in a box with an new Sky card.

I must try this out on my mates box. My old FTV card is now dead since I put in the new Sky card. I will see now if my dead FTV card will work in his box with his new Sky card.

Advertisement