Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC World FTA at 19ºE

Options
  • 08-06-2003 1:49pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

I have today went through a channel-scan on Astra 1 and found BBC World amongst the free channels! How long has this been FTA on Astra 1 or is it just an encrypted channel temporarily FTA?

The tuning details are:

FREQ 12285
    POL Vert
    SR 27.5
    FEC 3/4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Normally it is FTA all the time on HotBird 13E analog AND digital.
    I'll look and see which pack the astra one is in...

Hmm. It's part of the ABSat package.

They do, do freeviews on both there Hotbird and Astra 19 packs.

If you speak french, it is better value than a Entry level Sky pack, and I believe they do sell to Ireland.

Their card won't work in a Digibox though!

The CineBox channel was FTA for weeks with a few good english language films with french subtitles. Mostly french dubbed films or french.

Their equivalent of the Sky Family pack hasn't as many channels but i read that one of them requires no French (Sighs and Gasps beign fairly language independant). Can't see ITC letting Sky offer that in the Family pack!

The BBC World noto likely to stay FTA. Get it on Hotbird for FTA.

'Zik/XXL is also in same AB pack / Transponder and normally encrypted. It's FTA today. Pop Video = 'Zik and bare stuff = XXL after dark ... so don't tune in the Pop Video and leave it running.

But plenty of good Pop Video channels that are always FTA on 19E and 13E.

Pity the Animaux Channel still encrypted. But it will only be temporary anyway.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

According to Lyngsat it's on a CanalSatellite France tp but they also list it as Free!

Fashion TV is also on same tp

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You must be looking at something else. Fashion TV on 12285 is part of AB Sat package, and is indeed always FTA.

or 11537 for Canal Satellite Fashion TV.

Also its on Hotbird and Sky too (and others also, all FTA)

** Added later:

The PC based card. unlike Digibox, shows who the provider is.

Digibox you can't even view detials of what you *did* add.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Lyngsat has 12285 listed as Canal transponder though after further inspection, the channels on the tp are indeed mostly ABSat channels.

Advertisement