Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Folk Park

Options
  • 08-06-2003 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been to Sligo Folk Park in Riverstown? If so, what did you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Nope I've never been there. Is it open all the time or are there special days liek week-ends etc?

Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

As far as I know, it's open every day through the summer from 9-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

anyone who has been there, please post and tell others what its like, even if its not for you it may have somthing of interest to others.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭loftus

I have been there. I thought it was very interesting. I'm not sure about the opening times, I think its 9-5. It shows all the way Riverstown used to be in the oldin' days like the shops there and what was sold in them, the post office and things like that and how the people lived and dressed in days gone by. Also houses in the decades gone by. When I was there also, they were doing an exhibition outside with Irish dancing. They also had lots of farm machinary there and the changes in the way of farming life through out the years. They also have a little shop there where you can pick up souvineers. I remeber a display showing army dress and weapons. All in all well worth a visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

thanks for the update loftus, glad you enjoyed it

• Advertisement
Advertisement