Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek Games

Options
  • 06-06-2003 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

Played Star Fleet Command till i'm sick of it. Same with Armada and Elite force. Not mad bout bridge commander. Anyone know what SFC II or III are like? What should be my next purchase? Loved star fleet command but gets very repetative/impossible to complete!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

try playing armada online.. I still play it regularly to this day.

I got bored of SFCIII very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

don't buy star trek away team it just ain't good even for fans i don't think, i bought it as i returned armada as i was clearing it too quickly as it was a bit command and conqueresque. Some good things have been said about birth of the federation (i didn't play it for very long) check out the thread in this forum.

Away team was ok.. Its more like commandos than C&C though. I wouldnt pay any more than a tenner for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i have bridge commander elite force starfleet command 3 and birth of the federasion

starfleet command 3 ...... its a good game but if you dont play it on line it wont last much longer than 2 weeks also its not in 3d no up and down movements allowd (odd for a space game)

but to be fair to it i enjoyed the story the way all 3 storylines blend together and the way you buy and up grade your ships :)

id buy it if you play online and enjoyed the first one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spock

its hard for the games to live up to the franchise, seen as its so big.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

I have

ST starfleet academy = Grand

ST Elite Forses = Good

ST Klingon Academy = Excelent

ST Bridge Commander = best ever

ST Hidden Evil = OKAY

ST Klingon Hour Guard = Good For its time

ST StarFleet Command = V.Good

ST Vgr Elite Force = Great Fun

:D

Originally posted by LastIrishMonkey
    I have

ST Bridge Commander = best ever

:D

You dont find yourself getting bored of it ? Theres very little to the game.. bloody button basher !

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

star trek the next generation - a final unity is the best star trek game ever, looks a little outdated now though.

elite force 2 is out next month and its expected to be quite good, the original was enjoyable but far too easy.
    birth of the federation and armada1 were average strategy games, haven't played armada2 yet. klingon honour guard was good and generations was ok.

download old star trek games here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I have:

Armada2 - good
    Birth of the Federation - best evAr
    Bridge commander - good
    Star Fleet command - old but playable
    SFC3 - cooool game, my defiant kicks ass ;)
    New worlds - ok
    ----
    demos
    Klingon academy - good
    Away team - good
    Hidden evil - ok

Originally posted by Xithus
    You dont find yourself getting bored of it ? Theres very little to the game.. bloody button basher !

Indeed it does drag on but i love the visual affects make it all worth while tbh.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Thought Star Fleet command was good but very repetative. Elite Force was great, good graphics and quakestyle gameplay but far too easy. Completed it in a weekend and the expansion pack is the same. Played a demo of bridge commander and liked the graphics but am wondering will it be the same as SFC. I wish someone would make a game that combined armada, SFC and bridge command. Then throw in the odd away mission elite force syle. Now that would be something. One of my favourite bits of star trek were the battles between ships. A game that took the best of SFC, BC and Armada would satisfy me.

I recall the final unity game i played it on the snes though i don't think i was a fan at the time IIRC i thought it was good i liked the space battles, ironically i was given the game for the pc a while back but i couldn't get it to run on xp, that computer is now broken and i may give it a try on this p133 :)

i had that trek game on the snes .... it was called star trek tng future tence i bleave

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Liked Voyager: Elite Force. Pissed me off though that you couldn't explore the ship as promised, you had to buy the expansion pack for that. Was pretty cool how you saw bits of the ship you never noticed before like back room of sickbay, side rooms in engineering etc., stuff that was in the tv show but you never really saw.

you didnt miss anything.. the expansion pack was just a big patch.. complete rubbish.

hmm maybe i'm confusing those games bizmark, i recall though they where the same, the one i have here is a final unity, with picture of the cast with picard in the centre, data on his left, riker on his right and so on so forth.

i was also given star trek generations, star fleet academy and star trek klingon though haven't really played any of them

i really though finaly unity was a pc only game ........... oh well i was wrong it happens a lot lol .........

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm id love to "get" finaly unity on the pc to play

you can have my copy if your willing to collect, i'm going away for the summer in a couple of weeks and won't be playing it, will require it back in september when i should be getting a new p.c. though alternatively i could try to burn you a copy on this heap of crap.

nice of you to offer :) what city do you live in ?

you think a 8 year old game would work on a 1,3 gig amd pc?

i'm in dublin and i'll say it will depend more on the operating system then the p.c itself, i tried installing it on the old p.c and it says it won't run from windows, i tried the ms-dos prompt and that didn't work and also i tried rebooting into dos but it wouldn't recognise my D drive when i did this so i couldn't get it to work. I'm sure theres a way of doing it though i'm just not familiar with old games, theres probably a guide on the net or something

• Advertisement

you could always just download it from that link i posted earlier...

that link only allows you to buy it form a place called "cd store" or something

and i live in cork city so picking it up would be a problum lol

i'll post it down to you if you will post it back in september pm me with your address.

Originally posted by bizmark
    that link only allows you to buy it form a place called "cd store" or something

hey, you're right i hadn't checked that recently, someone must have found out they were giving it to people for free... i downloaded my copy off that site about 6 months ago.

in elite forces how the hell do u kill the bad guy at the end he is imposible :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just keep on shooting :)

i thinkI used rockets, and some other big gun.. took a while but he died eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Yep, it was a long time back but as far as I recall I circle-strafed him and fired a lot. :)

Birth of the Federation and ST: Elite Force would be the two best Star Trek games I have played.

Excellent games, except for the fact that BOTF was (and unfortunately is) a little buggy/unstable, and Elite Force was a bit short. Oh, and I despise the Infinity Modulator weapon in EF(continues to remodulate so that you can always use it to kill the Borg) - in the series they never had these, they make it far too easy. Wouldn't it be nice if you had to make do with a few phaser shots instead?

As I've said before, a sequel to BOTF could be incredible.

A preview for Elite Force 2 made it out to look good... fighting alongside Picard, and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

dragging his aging carcass around etc. :)

:eek: mocking picard in a st forum I NEVER! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

mm. moderate that at once :D

Advertisement