Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTV card activation

Options
  • 05-06-2003 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Is anybody else having trouble with their FTV card activation? I got mine on Wednesday and it's been in the box ever since. The only channels I can receive are the FTA ones, starting with Epg number 181.

None of the FTV channels are listed in the epg yet. The signal is supposed to have been sent by the BBC. I'm wondering has it something to do with the new automated activation service? Have we finally been sussed?

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Got my card on Tuesday evening, still nothing except the FTA ones like you... getting slightly concerned...

Where did you get your FTV card from?

viking

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

PMs sent to you both....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Koyaanisqatsi

I got a card recently from England, and after I contacted the FTV number, ITV came in after about 10 minutes followed an hour later by the BBC channels. The rest came in soon after.
    Is it just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 skyeye

card was activated at mid-night last nite... works perfectly now.
    Thanks.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Chris1

I had to get a new card after my new sky card disabled my ole one.After putting it in the box ITV,CH4 and CH5 came on straight away, the BBC channells had a message that this was yhe wrong card for my digi box.I rang the bbc and gave them my serial number of my digi box and about 20 seconds later all the channells were clear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

I'm having the same problem as skyeye, got my card wedensday, could you pm me please Sky Digi Kid? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tporter

What's the phone number for the automated activation service? I called 0870 243 8000 today (Sunday afternoon) and there was no way of choosing an automated system. You were put through to a operator if you wanted to activate a card.

Tim.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

tporter the phone No. is 08702438000 and the automated service works no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

I have just tried the automated service to activate my new FTV card and it asks me for a telephone number, any advise on what I should do.

Please help me get activated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭irishgeo

are they still sending out new cards if not where can i get one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

Originally posted by Jimmyireland
    I have just tried the automated service to activate my new FTV card and it asks me for a telephone number, any advise on what I should do.

Please help me get activated

you will need to get the name/address/phone no, of the english person who gave you the card (best to get them to ring up)

also be carefull as they have new software installed that will tell them you are phoning from outside the UK,
    even if you have called id turned off they can still see you are not phoning from UK, also an irish accent does not help

the above from a reliable source.[/B]

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

i got my card from a person here in Ireland as he was no lomger interested in using it. I now have to activate it but unless I can do it by automated service, I have no way of activating it, as I do not have anyone in the UK that I can use.

Any ideas please.............................:confused::confused::confused:

hi jimmy
    ask the irish person who got it for you, to trace back where the card originated from,

is it a new type card ? if so it cant have been ordered too long so it should be easy to trace the original english owner

ie: it had to be ordered on an english address day one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 topflite

Sky Digi Kid

I am having the same problem as Viking and Sky eye, and I see you sent a pm to them If you can help me please e-mail me at jimmymaureen@eircom.net or phone me at XXX XXXXXXX as i am getting desperate

MOD EDIT: Do you thinks its wise to put your mobile number on an internet forum? Nope, neither did I. Use the PM facility if you want to contact each other away from the forums.

Damo.

hi topflite
    did u try adding in the beebs and utv ?
    i have seen it happen a few times, where the channels appeared in other channels (when added) but the epg listings never updated.

possible cause the box powered down or card was removed before the activation procedure had completed

try adding in the channels

start with 10.906 v 22.0 5/6 if u get a utv picture then add the following
    10773 h 22.0 5/6 for the beebs
    12.168 v 27.5 2/3 ch4
    12110 h 27.5 23 ch5

take care
    ger doherty

Advertisement