Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swapping FTV cards

Options
  • 05-06-2003 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I've seen quite a few people mentioning swapping FTV cards into Subscription boxes. How is this done?

All I seem to get is "This is the wrong card for this box "!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

if you have a sky sub and your sky card , is (should be by now) a new issue card, then your ftv card needs to be the same identical in appearence to new sky card dark blue with house logo,

the new type sky card and new type ftv card swap no problem, but if u have a new type sky card and an old type ftv card ur old type ftv card will be killed once ur new type sky card is activated,

hope u understand this drunken script :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

All that arkles has said is true, but there's more

The FTV (Free to view) card has to be activated in order to work. If it has been activated in a digibox other that yours then you should be able to receive ITV1, Channel 4 and five. If not then you should only receive the FTA (Free to air) channels. In order to swap the cards some people have to switch off the power to the digibox at the mains, change the cards and the switch back on the power.

If the card has not been activated, then you (or the person who got you the card) must ring the number on the back of the card with your digibox details ( Press Services -> 4 -> 4 I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by ShaneOC
    All that arkles has said is true, but there's more

The FTV (Free to view) card has to be activated in order to work. If it has been activated in a digibox other that yours then you should be able to receive ITV1, Channel 4 and five. If not then you should only receive the FTA (Free to air) channels. In order to swap the cards some people have to switch off the power to the digibox at the mains, change the cards and the switch back on the power.

If the card has not been activated, then you (or the person who got you the card) must ring the number on the back of the card with your digibox details ( Press Services -> 4 -> 4 I think).

You forgot to mention that when you are getting activated, you may have to wait days to get BBC 1 BBC 2 comes quickly, but I have given up on BBC 1, it dos'nt matter 'caus i have it on my sub card anyway

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

but if u have a new type sky card and an old type ftv card ur old type ftv card will be killed once ur new type sky card is activated,

Not true. I have a new type Irish sub card working perfectly well along side an old type FTV card. Now I know that I am only one of a few people that this is possible for, but for whatever reason I dont know why it is still working.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lifeboatdoc

Thanks to you all. I have an old style FTV card, in fact two of them, both activated and both with their own box . I have recently received and activated the new style "house logo" card which of course is the Sky Sub card.

Since it appears that the BBC will not be issuing new style FTV cards and of course may soon be FTA it would seem that I'll just have to keep swapping the boxes over.

Thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 lifeboatdoc

A thought has occurred. Are all ftv cards now being issued of the new "house logo" type?

I could always "lose" one of my existing FTV cards and apply for a new one. Do I gather that one of these new type cards would work straight away if put into my sub box ?

Did someone mention doing this with Sky News on in a previous thread ?

Advertisement