Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother Live & Interactive

Options
  • 04-06-2003 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

I may be going mad what with all of this Sky+ deprivation but I could have sworn that before yesterday the EPG entry for bb on E4 was "Big Brother Live", however yesterday it was "Big Brother Live & Interactive".

A mistake?

Some people like it - some don't.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Shane, I also noticed the change to the EPG description. Unfortunately, I don't think that it's any indication that the Irish subsribers are going to get the interactive service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I have sent a message to Channel 4 regarding this. I don't expect to get an answer but you never know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Has it been interactive in the UK at all this year??

Yes. It is on E4 interactive 24 hours a day (might not be interactive at the same time as the main show on Ch4). Also on Channel 4 there is the red button for limited interactivity (not the live feeds).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I've sent them an email as well. Sent it to Channel 4 and Big Brother.

They obviously know we exist (we have an Irish version of E4) yet why on earth would they block the interactive feeds?? Daft!

• Advertisement

There are also Irish number for voting on the web site and I've received text messages from 02 telling me the prmium text number that I can vote on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

how many times a day are they showing the ad for the interactive service. this is really driving me mad. we have a seperate ads version of E4 from what they have in the UK and we get that and ads for programmes on Channel 4 shoved down our throats :mad:

Now I can swear, that somewhere either Sky or Channel four promised BB interactive for ROI in time for BB4.
    They said it was an issue relating to the advertising, in that making interactive available would mean showing the English adds.

That was a year ago or so and I definitely remember a promise being made somewhere , either in a e-mail to someone here or on Back chat ( and I'm nearly certain it was the latter) saying that this would be sorted .
    Obviously they didn't bother and as usual are only interested in the money ie the Irish ADDs :mad:
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭corkviewer

I remember that too Man. It was promised last year when we were all complaining about the lack of interactive BB that the reason was that Irish E4 was on a different transponder to the live streaming but that it would be sorted out for this year. Low and behold 12 months down the line and we're no better off. Typical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Originally posted by Man
    Now I can swear,
    Back chat ( and I'm nearly certain it was the latter)
    mm

Yes it was back chat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

was it something to do about the interactive feeds being on a different transponder? or was that somet else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

how come the live feeds go quiet every now and then?
    are they swearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yes, or that they are talking about someone else who can be easily identified, who could be slandered.

Originally posted by dmeehan
    was it something to do about the interactive feeds being on a different transponder? or was that somet else?
    It was because apparently, they would have to put up a separate interactive feed for Ireland so as when We press the red button , there would be Irish adds in the commercial breaks not English ones.
    If thats the case, they are more than a tad Mange-y.
    they takes our advertisers money, but don't want to give us the same level of service as their UK viewers.
    Smells of Rip off to me!

It's a very good reason why UK channels here, particularilly ones that sell advertising here, should be regulated here.
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by Man

It's a very good reason why UK channels here, particularilly ones that sell advertising here, should be regulated here.
    mm

But could any Irish regulator force Ch4 to provide the same interactive features here as in the UK? I don't believe so.

The problem is that no channel has to make itself available, anywhere, and it doesn't have to provide the same service, especially in different countries.

O2 and Vodafone are cases in point.

Agreed.
    When I penned that reply it was also occurring to me that , if a regulator had such authority,then the likes of ch 4 would have to decide whether it was worth their while, given the extra interactive expense.
    I guess it's De-Velara's fault again, if only he knew the mess he was going to make with the future of digital television here when he pulled us out of the U.K:D
    mm

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

can it really be about english advertising though as we get loads of english ads on loads of sky channels and on some terestrial channels. The John Smiths ads for example. We can't get John Smiths over here (more's the pity).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what they mean is that if BB interactive was available here we would get English ads on the interactive service instead of Irish ones. it would surely be an easy enough thing to sort out

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I rang channel 4 viewer enquiries today on 004420 7306 8333 to ask if BB4 will be interactive at all in Ireland this year. And the reply was *NO* That they had "technical" difficulties and it will not be available. I suggest everyone ring them on the above number and annoy the hell out of them about it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maybe also contact Backchat or Sky about it as it was Backchat who confirmed that BBi would be available

• Advertisement
Advertisement