Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why My Ryanair Flight Was Delayed

Options
  • 03-06-2003 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

All there systems run off nt4 workstation

this was me returning from paris on sunday flight..

DSC01264.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

It would help if I could read the wrighting on the screen that picture is just to blurry to make out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

The picture is adequate, on the screen we see a blue screen of death :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 GUI_XP

i was a long way away when i took that shot!
    french police are strict!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

thank god it's the terminals that run NT, not the plane's onboard computers.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 google it

Originally posted by Beëlzebooze
    thank god it's the terminals that run NT, not the plane's onboard computers.......
    How do you know? ... heh ...scary thought

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

right, well thats proof that the world is doomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

rofl! thats brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭EricM

maybe the plane crashed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

I wonder does bill gates ever use Windows product for anything important. I bet he has Linux running at home :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by de5p0i1er
    It would help if I could read the wrighting on the screen that picture is just to blurry to make out.

On a side note, it would help if i could read your ridiculous name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

(gulp) not very reassuring:ninja:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

that is an M$ marketing statistic - and those of using NT have figured more workarounds than for 2k

Fine - but when was the last time you could buy NT4 - the PC's are older than this - HDDs have a design life of 5 years (pitty so many of the newer ones don't seem to do even this)

Planes are probably running on intel 80186's - if that makes you feel safer...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭matthiku

just as a side note - not to take out the fun of it, but this is a typical "Blue Screen" from a Windows 9x system.

See on this thread how a Windows NT BSOD looks like.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Wolf
    I wonder does bill gates ever use Windows product for anything important. I bet he has Linux running at home :D
    When the Mac first came out, Bill said it was the first computer he could buy his mother.

You know he's got a wall of Macs in his rumble room for when Mary calls while Melinda is out washing his socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

apparently when Bill Gates moved to his swanky techno-gaff in Seattle, there was so much data/paperwork for the city council, they installed linux to manage all the documents!

RC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

i had actually heard before (might have just being a rumour) that in the Office part of microsoft, the staff use macs. now that woudl be ironic, in the good sense.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

don't they know it falls over after 49.7 days !

design flaw - counting the 18ms timer to 32bits - when it gets to 4 billion...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

You think that's bad. Last week I saw a documentary on The Discovery Channel about a Russian "Typhoon" class nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine. It was covering it's voyage from it's base to the artic circle where it fired a dummy missile to make sure they were still working after being in storage for so long.

Anyway, at one point the alarm bells go off for a drill or something and there's these couple of sailors using a PC. When the alarm goes off they shut down the PC and up pops the black and orange "It is now safe to turn off your computer" screen. They were running Windows 95 (and this documentary was made just last year)! Even Bill Gates has got the Russian military, of all people, using Windows!

I had to laugh at that until a terrible thought came into my head. What if all the computers on that sub (not just that one used for personal use by the sailors) or all the computers in the entire Russian navy/military are all running Windows 95? God help us all! I'm surprised there haven't been nuclear missile launches all over the place by now if that's the case.

And I also read somewhere before that the newest US Navy destroyers, the "Arleigh Burke" class, run on Windows 95 running on 486's. Okay, I can understand them using 486's because they need a long running, established by now to be reliable chip, but Windows 95 as the OS? Jesus, I'm surprised any of the cruise missiles they launched during the Iraq war even got out of the launchers, let alone managed to hit their targets in Baghdad!

Still, I suppose it could be worse. They could be running Windows ME! :eek: :D

Advertisement