Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled holiday now want to rebook it.

Options
  • 03-06-2003 8:59pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Need some advice, hopefully somebody here works in a travel agency..

The story is..
    Had a holiday booked to greece from months ago but for medical reason I was told by my doctor that I couldn't fly. I cancelled the holiday, before the 8 week before your departure date rule and forfeited my E100 deposit. The 7 other people I was due to go with paid more than they should have due to me dropping out.

Now I have been cleared to fly and want to rebook the same holiday. I have a feeling they travel agency will try and charge me the full price of the holiday, even though they already took E100 off me.

Anybody any advice ?.

Chief---

Comments

I'm guessing that you had no insurance at all??
    If you had an annual policy, a medical cert would probably have got your money back for you.
    Even possibly with, the insurance for a single trip, but usually , it isn't effective untill you pay in full.

Your best bet, is to try and search for last minute flights to , the destination.
    Next thing to do would be to find a cheap hotel or hostel or whatever there and book into it for the night after you arrive and not the first night.
    Stay with your friends that night and you may be able to bargain with the owners/managers of that place to stay there officially.

If you do an internet booking on a hotel, you will only have to give a credit card number, to them so they can hold a room for you and you can cancel it up to a couple of hours before check in ( but obviously check this before you book, although it is standard enough ).
    That way , you are covered for somewhere to stay if you are stuck, and still have the opportunity to stay with your friends if theres a place there.
    If you're lucky and get cheap last minute flights, you might even end up paying less than your friends.
    hth
    mm

Advertisement