Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Work

Options
  • 30-05-2003 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Right anyone have any thoughts on this who is doing it the rate they recieve off companies and any general advice would be greatly appreciated...:D

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

For what? Sex?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭marrakesh

chuckle chuckle funny ..! nah for technical / computer related work .. Have an interview for a contract position next week and would like any pointers that are going regarding payment negotiation etc.. just like some pointers ..
    :) Am starting off so anything to push the boat a little further along be great.. when applying i used a contact inside the company...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

it would help if we knew what you were actually doing!

Are you a computer operator, web designer, programmer???

ask for help and you will receive, but give us some info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Obviously not that technical since you don't what it is that you do.

Ask for MORE...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

that was my point. If you are tech support they'll give you 2.50 an hour and as many bananas as you can eat.

If you are an Oracle DBA I believe their first born sons is the going market rate.

DeV.

• Advertisement

k. Maybe i should explain a little of what i do. My experience includs IDS,Penetration testing, etc that kind of stuff... Items of interest for me is what rate is going in this area and in terms of people contracting on boards.ie what percentile increase was there between there last permanent position and there first contract position. A ballpark figure would be nice. The contract period is for 3 months... Thoughts ??

Unless theres someone that does the exact same thing there no point in comparing rates is there. You might have well as posted, "anyone do the same thing as me? What rates" etc.

ur a bit of a smartass ricardo dont bother posting a reply unless u have something constructive to say.

question stated again what percentile increase did contractors notice when moving from there permanent position to there contract position in the IT sector listing there role aswell would be great..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

U seem like a bit of an idiot yourself marrakesh. If you want people to help you then you have to give them some info. That is not the only question you were asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

What is the job title and role (brief description)?

How many years relevant experience do you have?

What level of technical proficiency do you have?

Have you done any bluechip projects?

Are you published on/off-line?

Unless you give an idea of the contract and your skills, your rate is frankly anything between €150 to €1,500 per day. On the lower end of that estimate, though, I suspect...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by marrakesh
    ur a bit of a smartass ricardo dont bother posting a reply unless u have something constructive to say.

question stated again what percentile increase did contractors notice when moving from there permanent position to there contract position in the IT sector listing there role aswell would be great..

Theres a computing adage that covers this. Rubbish in, rubbish out. You asked for advice. Here its is...there isn't an ANY key.

Advertisement