Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skating spots in dublin

Options
  • 30-05-2003 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Story

Anyone know any good spots to skate around bray area or in town??
    the conrete by the beach is ok theres a lowish wall running along it, a bit boring tho, no steps or anything like that, just wondering if anybody knows any other spots close by, does anybody be skating in the city? I heard the boi on baggot st or something, don't have a clue where that is though! saw a few heads skating by the big huge bank gaff near temple bar alright, spot looks ok, bit busy though! wouldn't mind a few people to skat with if anyone is interested
    cheers
    scruff
    ps. I'm a dublin n00b ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

O ya, anyone go to any skate parks in dublin/ theres one in drumcondra (???) ramp and rail or something?
    Any good?
    have no helmet/pads tho and i'd say you probably need to wear em? puffs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

helmet is the only pre-requisite in ramp 'n' rail if you are under 17/18 and is supplied to you by the staff there.
    hmm street spots in bray, now that you mention it, if your coming up the town road towards mcd's where the road forks off to the left and to the right, take the right and about a km further down the road on your left there is a nicely sized carpark with smooth surface, a few curbs and walls of varying height that should be waxed.
    Won't really get a chance to skate it apart from a Saturday/Sunday or bank holiday though.
    There's usually a few bits of scrap lying around you can make use of too, gl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 arloeisenberg

in bray the bolevard is the place to be, once it's been waxed again that it, theres also loads of benches in the park before superquinn on the river, just get into the park and there a bench every few metres all the way to the end...theres a excellent park in santry full mini ramp, bowl, boxes, spines, rollin's, quarters the whole works...plus a liitle easier section at back with a wave like ramp thingy. But the cream of the crop streetwise is baggot man, if u can't find it ask for the aib bank, it's the road directly ahead of you as u come out of the main entrence of stephens green, just follow that road all the way up untill you see fine waxed ledges and a really phat rail on the left...thats AIB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

cheers, I'll definitely check out baggot st. sounds very nice.
    Where is the boulevard in bray??
    That park in santry sounds sweet too, do ya need pads and helmet to get in?? and any ideas how much it costs
    sorry to pester ya with questions btw :-)
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

oh baggot street was great, but they've gone and skate-proofed it now. Check out the IFSC, plenty of nice things around there, just don't go on a business day as I have to deal with the people in the offices there :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 arloeisenberg

sorry to hear about boggot, i haven't been out in ages, the boulevard is directly across from dunnestores in bbray, the park in santry wants u to have a helmet and sign a disclaimer, but thats ok. if u can't find it ask for kartcity in santry....the share the same warehouse/area. i can't remember how much it is tho....but i think u can rent a helmet.... happy rolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Baggot st
    templebar, central bank
    theres a kick ass place to skate near dnc templebar, its like loads of steps down and a huge rail in the centre, we go ther sometimes too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Vladivar

Theres a Spots page on here www.bentfork.tk the spots are for BMX
    but Im sure most of them are o.k for skating too!

Advertisement