Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Free Speech on this Group

Options
  • 29-05-2003 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Power-Crazed Moderator on this Group?

Are you are all shower of elitist, intolerant, narrow-minded ****heads or was it only the power-crazed, self-important moderator who failed to understand that the post I made regarding West-On-Track was sincere and very much along the lines of what this group and what you people should represent? I really find it amazing that the moderator of this group decided I was a spammer was fairly disturbing as well. What, only your personal hobby horse gets mentioned around here?

In fact, I can tell you from my own personal issue that I am involved with (public transport), is that the Irish environmentalist are worthless and of no help. They have sacrificed their core values in terms of what should be the environment, transport, sustainable planning and development/quality of life and have decided that international affairs and getting laid at the student union do is more their cup of tea. I have no time for them these days – they have turned out to be a hysterical pack of one-liners and Europhobes and little else. Dana has more to contribute to Ireland as a society than Patricia McKenna these days.

I have been into environmental issues since I was a kid. These days, Ireland (and the planet) face huge problems and we need green politics more than ever. So, what do the Irish green party get into? GMOs. Banning GMOs (or pretending to) is easy to do politically. All you have to do is shout about it and get people worked up. No one has to make any hard decisions; no one has to pay more for anything or do anything nasty or smelly; you just label a load of cans as GMO free (regardless of whether or not they contain GMOs) and feel smug. Now, try getting the Green party to get voters to do something hard like pay for proper waster disposal or recycling and they make a few speeches and that is it. The local Green Party clown in Cork South Central sent around a leaflet a few years ago shouting against high density housing. FFS. He wanted to turn the country into a sub-urb

And it would seem censorship and banning for the sake oif it in the most bitchy-queen manner is also a trademark of this board. Again, I have nothing to do with West-On-Track except I believe it’s a good idea. I’ll sit back while the moderators of this board bar me while the rant an rave about freedom of speech and civil rights. The rest of you should be concerned that this carry on is being done on this board.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

No seriously -
    Flaming is counter productive - IMHO your cause has dropped many places (I do have a railway map from 1922 at home ... )

If you want a worth while campaign then how about primary school funding - all research shows that the return on investment in education terms is so much better than anything at second or especially at third level. (and after a decade or so it would be self financing by the higher tax take )

Rail transport has not recovered from the incident where protestors arrived up from Cork and were asked a simple question - did you take the train ?
    None of them had - Case (& line) closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

sligoliner, you have the habit of posting a lot of stuff about platform11, sometimes too much.

Cross referencing between a number of threads isn't very helpful.

West on Track looks like a well intentioned, but ill thought out means of selling paraphernalia.

If you want to "spam", do so in a fair and balanced way. If you want to post the same thing in a number of boards, create one copy and ask the mod of that board to set up links.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by sligoliner
    Power-Crazed Moderator on this Group?

Are you are all shower of elitist, intolerant, narrow-minded ****heads or was it only the power-crazed, self-important moderator
    And it would seem censorship and banning for the sake oif it in the most bitchy-queen manner is also a trademark of this board.

Using that language, and then talking about censorship "for the sake of it".....

Bravo....

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Well this thread is staying open, I'm very sorry if that shatters your persecution complex, but, sometimes life is tough.

Flame away... if you honestly think there is something you can contribute to the board as the commited life-long environmentalist you claim to be, then feel free to do so, I would welcome that.

Constantly posting (in fact every post bar the ones flaming me personally) about trains with cross posts on two fora is spurious and is frowned upon, if you have things other then platform11 plugs to contribute here then do so.

For your information Abuse == calling people names, alluding to people being homosexual or any number of other hand bag at dawn - type , righteously indignant trolls.

I wouldn't mind, sligoliner, but, you haven't even bothered to rebut, what I said about platform11 in your first thread, if anyone is curtaling your freedom of speech, it is yourself, by trying to draw me into an argument with you.

To be clear, I moved your thread because you cross posted between two fora and the Commuting/Transport forum was the relevant forum.

You haven't been here long, so, I'm not going to hold your personal tirade of me against you. This time.

This is your last warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Firstly I take offence to the fact you thinkt that I did something to you by using the plural moderators. I have yet to get stuck in.

Now to clear up something. We are not a group, an orgnaisation, a campagin and we don't represtnr anything. Weare just a collection of individuals who come here to discuss envionmental issues. That all we do. If you want to dicuss anything to do with the envionment then do, but don't expect everyone to agree with you, especially the mods.

Now i know it was you're first post here, but if yoy really were envionmetnal concious you would have red some of the other posts. Then you would have a better understand where both myself and Typedef stand in issues (and you will see tht they are very, very far apart).

Now where you do post here and peopl don't agree with you don't open up another thread attacking them. Its just not right. What you should do is respond in the same thread and try to start a sensible discussion. Ifyou feel one of the mods is flaming you then go to the other. If you feel you are being mistreated altogether take it to the Admin board. Don't start thread here aguing with us.

I'm locking this now because it is only turning into a flame war. And they are no fun without ww)

Please discus what you want here, but do it as if you were having a sensible discussion with friends or collegues. If you want to discuss Genetically Modified Organism's then feel free. I love to here what you have to say on it. Or even better go back to the first post and rebut what Typedef wrote if you feel that stronly about it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement