Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows and Doors - Advice needed....

Options
  • 28-05-2003 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

I live in a block of four apartments.

The four of us would like to replace our sash windows, hall doors and patio doors to double glazed equivalents.

We would like to get something that is both attractive and long lasting, while being of a high insulation standard.

At the moment we are considering Rationel and Marvin Architectural. Does anyone have any experience of these? They are both fairly expensive. Is there any other make we should be considering?

Finally, I couldn't see any other BB on boards.ie where I might post on this topic. Did I miss one?

Many thanks.

Dinarius

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Double glazing will cost you a bomb.

That said, it provides exponential increases in heat retention, so, in the long run 'I' think it is well worth the effort and cost.

Vis-a-vis 'who' to use, I'd say ye-olde-double glazing man from ye olde yellow pages, vis-a-vis what brand
    >shrug<
    got me there, but, if it were me and I had the cash, I'd get the best.

In the long run, all this should reduce your heating bills, this meaning less energy consumption and overall, less damaged caused to the envrionment with heating your place, so... it is a green issue.

I guess. Kudos.

Advertisement