Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some advice

Options
  • 27-05-2003 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Well i have been in this company for about 7 months, and i am about to sign a full time contact, 1st couple of months where a sorta trial.

I think i'm been under paid, and one of the things i will be requesting is a pay raise, I will make a list of what i have to do in this company
    • I Deal with customer face to face and on the phone
    • I Deal with shops all over Ireland, and sometime UK and Europe
    • I do invoicing to all our Customers including business's.
    • I Handle complaints
    • I handle Credits
    • I handle the tracking of our product in the company
    • I handle all the courier's we use.
    • I have to pack and unpack the returned product.
    • Book in the repairs and check them into the computer/lable them and place them in a que.

There might be a few other little this i do.

This is only in my depertment. I'm a server administrator

Can anyone tell me what i should be asking for an Hour?

I dont really know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

first off, read your contract.
    take it home
    you dont have to sign it there and then. dont let them pressure you into that.
    take it and go through it and figure out what it says and what you do, and then you can start to comprimise on all the extras you do in your daily work.

of course, if you start getting paid for them, and you get them put into your contract, you are obliged to do them.
    so be careful

as for how much you should get, well, what do you think you should get. how much more do you think you are worth that they are offering you.

by the way,m what are you?
    service delivery?
    vender mangement?
    client relationtions?
    sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I'm a server administrator/logistic's manager. (the logistic's manager part is not my official title but i could be classed as one, server adminstrator is my official title,)

I will be taking the contract home and reading through it, but i dont know what i should be getting paid, I know it has to be more then i get now. I've never worked in a company before, only as a bar man for 4 years, but i didnt like the hours,

Thanks for the advice whitewashman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

anyone?

Advertisement