Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Graded standards superb

• 27-05-2003 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I think the graded's (except the 1st one) this year have shown both an excellent standard and a major boost in numbers over previous years. I'm only really speaking of the mens events here, but between john o'connor of crusaders group and jerry kiernan and peter mcdermots group, there appears to be a wealth of young talent in the dublin area in particular, posting serious times and producing some very exciting races. you may well all disagree with me, but are these coaches doing something different? And strictly speaking of md track events, has the standards outside dublin perhaps declined somewhat. Im not having a go, just observing... perhaps with limited scope!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

John has an excellent training technique that goes roughly like this.

"Not fast enough, run faster! I want to see BLOOD!!!"

Advertisement