Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Brand Guitar

Options
  • 23-05-2003 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

So, just what is everyone's favourite brand.

Post individual ideas if I don't put them in my poll. I can only put in so many options.

Favourite Electric Guitar Brand 30 votes

Gibson
    0% 0 votes
    Fender
    46% 14 votes
    Aria
    16% 5 votes
    Ibanez
    3% 1 vote
    Washburn
    10% 3 votes
    Jackson
    3% 1 vote
    Squier
    6% 2 votes
    Epiphone
    0% 0 votes
    Encore (I hope noone votes for this, it's just here to take up space)
    6% 2 votes
    Other
    6% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Where's the option for BC Rich!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I think it's called "other"

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

you forgot the esp too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Has anyone seen the Encore imitation of a tele. It looks identical but has about as much tone as a brick with strings. That's one of the reasons I hate encore so much. They copy all of fender's designs and sell them at much reduced prices. Encore=****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Does anyone know anything about the brand Fenix, I got a bass a while ago fo r cheap and am trying to find out about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

My Fav is 'Maverick' even tho i don't own one they look sooo sweet and they play like monsters

Wheres the PRS's, oh wait were all poor

Thye're not very common and I haven't seen one with a price tag. How much would one set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

why did u even bother putting in squier and epiphone? theyre baby Fenders and Gibsons respectivley..........

pfft no B.C.Rich, no ESP, no Fernandes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

B.C .Rich for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

PRS and Shecter Play amazingly, schecter feel a bit nicer though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

sorry to ask a stupid question, i'm new to the guitar game but why are squire and epiphone known as baby Fenders and Gibsons?

thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Squire are made by Fender, they are like a bottom of the line beginners Guitar. Epiphone are made by gibson too and are aimed at the beginner to intermediate player, depending on the model of course.

Epiphone are more expensive than Squier. They are also far better. Some epiphones are really good guitars, some measure up to the gibsons themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

They do not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

They do not.

Damn right man.

I said measure up to, not equal. That's not going to happen. I just said that about a seven-string Epiphone Les Paul I really liked.

Oh, sound. Never heard of 7 string epip!

My heart is with PRS. Da best planks on earth.

only my humble opinion tho.

or a very early Les Paul Junior- al la Bob Marley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Heh my gf once asked me "What would you save first me our your Les Paul if we ( 'we' heh she allready understood its far more than a plank of wood..a plank of wood is an 'it' or a 'thing') were both drowning?

It took me two weeks to come up with an anwser..eventully I said "The Les paul..it would sink faster on account of it not having big boobs.." She has never forgiven me ;)

I will be burried with the mother****er ! (or else cremated and put in shotgun shells..loaded into a shot gun and mounted above it..)

Tom ;)

I will be burried with the mother****er ! (or else cremated and put in shotgun shells..loaded into a shot gun and mounted above it..)

heheheh

I like the way you think:D

I will have mine cemented to the top of my stone coffin. It has to be stone so I can make people pissed off (Having to carry it) even after I'm dead. You can only imagine what I'm like now.... :ninja: :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

shurely shome mishtake?

Heh heh! You must have read the Sean Connery pisstake in Total Film!

I'd edit the poll now that I've got loads more ideas from you people but I don't know if I can and I don't care enough to find out. Wait.... I'll try. No. I can't.

By the way, would the dumb gob****e who voted for Encore please stop taking the piss and stop posting here.

Also, would whoever mod's this place remove Epiphone, Squier and Encore from the poll and replace them with BC Rich, PRS, and ESP.
    That ought to silence all you little demons on my back!

Advertisement