Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strumming patterns and rhythm help

Options
  • 23-05-2003 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm not playing guitar long a month or two is all. Been practicing some easy strumming patterns, is there anywhere on the net that has advice for the more complex ones?

Also is there anyone with advice on keeping rhythm, my foot always seems to be tappings at different speeds.

also any general advice is muchly appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by bovril
    Also is there anyone with advice on keeping rhythm, my foot always seems to be tappings at different speeds.
    For the rhythm you could try using a metronome maybe. I only started playing guitar a while ago and I'm getting nowhere because I'm not practising (life is tough:) ).

My rhythm is **** so I keep intending to buy one but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'd be interested in better suggestions also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Loosen up, and play slower, until you can master it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Hmm..
    Hmmmmmm..

Just download a metronome..google it..bosco..

As for strumming patterns..listen to more music..get out your cd's..listen to the intricacies of every song..dig ?

nem..

Originally posted by NeMiSiS
    Hmm..
    Hmmmmmm..

Just download a metronome..google it..bosco..

As for strumming patterns..listen to more music..get out your cd's..listen to the intricacies of every song..dig ?

nem..
    Unfortunately I'm a complete clutz when it comes to music - If there is too much stuff going on in there I'm not going to be able to focus in on the one instrument. Perhaps I should listen to simpler music?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Perhaps indeed bosco..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

Holy crap batman, 14.76 posts per day on pete.

Originally posted by mirv
    Holy crap batman, 14.76 posts per day on pete.
    I love my job:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by p.pete
    Unfortunately I'm a complete clutz when it comes to music - If there is too much stuff going on in there I'm not going to be able to focus in on the one instrument. Perhaps I should listen to simpler music?

Set the metronome to a slow pace. Form a chord that you can hold for a while comfortably and practice strumming downstrokes on each metronome stroke. After you get into it, try doing downstroke-upstroke for each stroke. You'll get it ingrained quick enough.

Thats great advice - I'll kick my ass one of these days and buy that metronome:) (not to mention a tuner)

Advertisement