Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of english companies

Options
  • 22-05-2003 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

Omg it's hard to find work in London! Well, it's not hard to find a job, but it's hard to get one - if that makes any sense.

Atm I'm being advised to check out individual company websites and see if they have any openings for graduates. Does anyone know where I can find a list of software companies in england, or London specifically?

That's a bit vague I know, but I'm looking for anything really. Helldesk, development, DBA - anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

oh dear.

you any good with oracle dba stuff?

know unix?

know linux?

know storage?

er, tried the list of sites in one of the above stickys?

stick us yer cv

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

no, no, no and no :)

or should it be :( ?

I've used unix and linux (been thinking about installing it on my home PC to get used to it) but that's not much use in a support role, and i used to be quite good at the db stuff we did in college, but being a recent graduate, I don't have experience with much of anything.

I had a look at the stickys. I had tried most of those sites already, but there was one or two I hadn't , thanks.

What I'm really looking for is a list of individual companies rather than recruitment webbys. I'm going to google it but I'll prob end up with too many results.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Have you tried going to Yell.com and searching for listings of companies your interested in working for in London (e.g search for Banks, IT Companies)?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    Have you tried going to Yell.com and searching for listings of companies your interested in working for in London (e.g search for Banks, IT Companies)?

hehe, i was about to suggest the same :)

yell.com will allow you to search by company listings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That's great - thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    hehe, i was about to suggest the same :)

yell.com will allow you to search by company listings

OMG! My reputation :p

Good luck with the search Blitz, hope you find some good leads!

Advertisement