Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Skateboarding Federation

Options
  • 22-05-2003 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Info I have received to date as follows in two seperate e-mails!=============================================
    Listen up, any one interested in attendeing the next meeting regarding the setting up of a governing body for skateboarding, could you please choose a place to meet from the list below adding preferred day for holding this meeting.

Venue 1: Omagh
    Venue 2: Dungannon

Bare in mind that as S.O.P.E. will be facilitating this second meeting, it costs money and the venue in Omagh will be alot cheaper. If anyone has anymore input on this then please feel free to return some possible solutions.

I believe that everyone will get a fare chance regarding this matter, that is why i am sending this e:mail.

important e:mails to tjskinsk8@yahoo.co.uk
    ==============================================

Great news, i have made contact with The American Governing Body who have Federations under there wing from Belguim, Germany, U.K. and Norway. They are very keen and will be attending the Conference here regarding an Irish body.
    Plus i have met with one of the Board Of Directors on Sunday passed, who is a pro Skater and is willing to be involved.
    I will e:mail everyone on Wednesday 28th May to inform them about the venue, date and times for the next meeting, which will be advertised in the Belfast Telegraph.
    Many Thanks
    Tom
    S.O.P.E. representative

important e:mails to tjskinsk8@yahoo.co.uk
    ==============================================

There ya go, if you feel like attending, have any issues or idea's your willing to discuss and want to suggest alternative venues or anything else of relevance please e-mail or post and I will pass on the message myself.

Really looking forward to this and as you can see we have quite a lot of support, want to say something, this will be the place to say it, get support and get something done!

I'll be attending myself along with a few others, let us know what you think and if you can make it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shag

If Omagh is easier to organise I say go with that.I'll certainly be there. Is the governing body intended to cover the whole of Ireland or just Northern Ireland? I've been doing a bit of research on the subject myself and will e-nmail you directly with any usefull information I've managed to dig up. Good luck with the project anyway it's great to see people willing to do something constructive about the problem. Shaggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Lads .... this sounds great everytime it is mentioned and this is a great site too

http://www.geocities.com/irishskateparkforum/index.html

I really want to get involved and make some head way on this one. Recently i have had to study for exams so i dont have time to devote to it.

I cant send group mail (email 20+ people) from hotmail so it is hard to inform everyone of what i actually hear so alot of the time it is too late and not relevent anymore.

Can we please discuss this topic here instead of through email so everyone is on the same page so to speak. At the moment it is all over the place and nothing is sorted out.

If anything is going to come of it, we all need to know what is going on. It is doing my fúcking nut in right now.

How about anything we hear, post it up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shag

Cheers ,I still have a lot of work to do on the site but it should be all done by the end of the month. We went on a road trip down to check out the waterford park yaesterday and it's not as bad as everyone says. The plastic / fibreglass surface is actually preety good ,it;s not like 70s fibregalss ramps with splinter problems. Only draw backs are it's size , it's about the same as you'd expect of a park in a small country village in the UK. The street course isn't very well designed with dodgy lines and banks being too steep. The mini ramp is preety good though and would be a really good ramp if it was twice the width. The major problem isn't really the park itself though but the price they paid for it. It should have cost 15'000-20'000 euros but actually cost 100'000.Check out this months sidewalk to see what they say!
    On the way back we checked out Kilkenny skatepark. THIS PARK IS SICK. GO THERE NOW. It's one of the best parks I've skated, very reminisint of some of the parks in Canberra Australia. We were blown away. It's got big stuff, concrete , it's big airy, clean, has a shop, snacks everything you need. The owner has recently got it reinsured for the coming year but his biggest problem is that it's underused! This is a ridiculous situation .We're thinking we might set up a road trip down in the next few weeks with a few car loads of people. If you havn't been go down ASAP and check it out ,it's well worth a trip and they deserve your business.
    Check out their website http://www.skateparkireland.com/

Advertisement