Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle Isle 2

Options
  • 21-05-2003 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember battle Isle 2? This game was released by Blue Byte back in 1994. An excellent turn based hex war game (with decent graphics - for the time) and a mean cpu player.

Does anyone know of anything similar to this these days? Times have moved on I know but still.... there so many gems to be uncovered out there...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Aye, they went on to create the Incubation series (battle isle phase four).

I played it and enjoyed it when it came out,graphics were decent enough a the time (fully 3d etc). Worth a pickup Im sure they are on budget now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Now that I think about it. The third one, BI3 was a big visual improvement over the 2nd one. Worth looking out for I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Incubation was excellent, had PBEM support as well. I remember seeing somewhere on the net free versions of the Battle Isle games that had some proper multiplayer support added in as a 3rd party mod, can't find the url now tho.

Matrix Games do alot of great hex, turn based games, Uncommon Valor is an excellent strategic level WWII Pacific theater game, while the free to download (450MB or so) Steel Panthers World at War is a tactical WWII game with so much depth of detail its easy to get lost in it, perfect for armchair generals :)

<edit>Found that URL, its called </edit>Advanced Strategic Command and is a Battle Isle ringer but with PBEM support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Hey ButcherOfNog Thanks for that! That a good series of links there. I feel like setting up a good pbem game with a friend of mine and something along the lines of a free Bi2-like game will go down well. Well... I'm off to matrix games! :)

Advertisement