Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup Final: Perpignan V. Toulouse

Options
  • 19-05-2003 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

Anyone going?
    Looking forward to the game myself, well kinda. And supporting the underdog - a Lansdowne Road tradition ;)

Who's gonna win the cup? 2 votes

Perpignan
    0% 0 votes
    Toulouse
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Perpignan have been underdogs all season but Toulouse are full of internationals. Id have to say that Toulouse will beat them but by about 10 points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Toulouse are there because they deserve to be, they really had to step up to beat Munster, Perpignan are there because Leinster were crap.

I can't see Toulouse losing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by The FANJ
    Toulouse are there because they deserve to be, they really had to step up to beat Munster, Perpignan are there because Leinster were crap.

I can't see Toulouse losing this one.

Perpignan werent expected to make it through their Pool group, Munster and Gloucester were. Perpignan topped the group and it wasnt by fluke either. Munster BARELY got through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Toulous to win by more than a try, possibly much more.

Crowd not to care

(Notes contrast between UEFA final support from Portugal and Celtic fans and compares......)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Toulouse to take it but not without a good battle. It is the European final after all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I voted Perpignan but have no idea. Now that I see how the poll is going (9-2 for Toulouse) I suppose I'll stick with them and support the underdogs.

I will be there tomorrow, haven't got a clue - what colors do the French, I mean Perpignan wear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Originally posted by p.pete
    I voted Perpignan but have no idea. Now that I see how the poll is going (9-2 for Toulouse) I suppose I'll stick with them and support the underdogs.

I will be there tomorrow, haven't got a clue - what colors do the French, I mean Perpignan wear?

Perpignan wear yellow and red - Catalan colours. What did you think of the game?
    I thought it was alright, though not exciting. The crowd was up USAP, and in the second half they we're just egging them on for a try. But there was no way through the Toulouse defence who were just brillant - a great display.

Originally posted by PH01
    Perpignan wear yellow and red - Catalan colours. What did you think of the game?
    I thought it was alright, though not exciting. The crowd was up USAP, and in the second half they we're just egging them on for a try. But there was no way through the Toulouse defence who were just brillant - a great display.
    The athmosphere was a lot better than I expected. I was sitting in the middle of Perp fans, so it was a bit crap being 19 nil down at half time. Good comeback in the second but I guess Toul didn't actually have to try so hard at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Toulouse played very well and with a half time score like that they deserved the victory. It's what I expected anyway so no surprises.

All I think about is what could have been:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i'm thinking Toulouse are going to rip Perpignan apart. think about even if Perpignan play 10 times a well as they did aginst Leinster they'll still be playing badly

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    i'm thinking Toulouse are going to rip Perpignan apart. think about even if Perpignan play 10 times a well as they did aginst Leinster they'll still be playing badly
    Hindsight is great, Toulouse won:)

Advertisement