Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrington

Options
  • 19-05-2003 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭

So what did people think of Harrington's win yesterday?

He's my Dad's new hero (particularly since he put €100 each way at 14-1 last Wednesday night! :))

Good result, though. That putt on the 18th was spectacular....

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

He is always a good each way bet anyway!

Seriously though he played well and even overcame almost choking on the 18th green!

He said that he didn't see a leaderboard until the 18th and I think that should be the way to go for him.
    He puts wicked pressure on himself when trying to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Fair play to Padraig .. great win .

Hopefully he'll get a few more 1st places now ...

He's Number 1 in European money list too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

yeah , well done padraig.

I hope he wins the euro order of merit this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

He is a good honest player..A decent charachter..some1 how adds a bit of fun to the current tour.

He lives on his emotions....alot of golfers are like robots out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No. 8 in the world :) great to say bout an Irish golfer, well done Padraig :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah he played well.
    I notice though whenever he is in the final pairing going into the final round he usually chokes. Maybe he'll be able to cope more with the pressure with this win under his belt.
    The first putt on the 18th yesterday was a true sign of how nervous he was. Afraid to over hit it, he came up very short, held his nerve very well though.
    Darren Clarke didn't do too badly either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

kinda makes you proud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not to pour cold water on this love-in but I bet Harrington joins Monty and Mickelson in never winning a major. Dispite his aparent cool, clean, hero exterior I dont think he has the final litle bit to
    win when it really matters...unless he's got a 10 shot start on Sunday!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Harrington has a long way to go yet Mike,I could see him winning a major but the only one I 'd say he could win would be the British Open..as for Monty I think he had his chances in the US opens...Mickelson (a guy who I love to watch playing) might have one in him maybe two but he better get a move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Harringtons still young for a golfer he has plenty more golf in him and I think if he gets some wins under his belt that will give him the confidence to challenge for any of the majors ...

You know you are doing something right when Tiger Woods is complimenting your play ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭steveocn300

I think Harrington is capable of winning any one of the 4 majors n the game, last year he had a great recent in all 4 majors, he has tamed the Tiger in the Target World Challenge, he has won the Volvo Masters, The TPC Of Europe there last weekend, I think its looking goof for Harrington, I believe he is Top 5 in the World material without a doubt.

Advertisement