Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been up Kingsmountain yet?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 poppygirl

Is that the same windfarm that is on the road to Belmullet? Its a good few miles past Drombmore west. Where is Kings mountain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Originally posted by poppygirl
    Is that the same windfarm that is on the road to Belmullet? Its a good few miles past Drombmore west. Where is Kings mountain?

This one is in Co. Sligo.
    Take the road from Sligo to Ballina. Pass through Dromore West. Take a left, ¼ of mile on the way out of the village and head towards Lough Easky. Two miles up this road take the WIDE dirt track left off the road just before the water treatment plant. And 3 miles down this dirt track is the wind farm.

attachment.php?s=&postid=926143

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 poppygirl

I'll have to check it out some time. And speaking of Dromore west, have you ever noticed the mill on the river there?
    If I ever won the lotto it would be very close to the top of my shopping list, along with a hellicopter of course, for access to the outside world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

I havn't seen the ones in Kingsmountain, but i have been at the one in letirim and all i can say is they are huge. You will not realise how big they are untill you are underneath one of them looking up, the size alone is hard to comprehend.

A word of warning, dont bring any animals with you when you are going, when i was there we brought the dogs, two of them were ok but one of them went mental, i take it that it had somthing to do with the ultrasounds generated by the windmill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

If you thought the ones in Leitrim were huge, the ones on Kings mountain are even huge-er.

The blades of those things are 40m in lenght - well I was impressed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement