Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brief Power failure in south Dublin knocks RTE, ntl off briefly

Options
  • 18-05-2003 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

At about 9.12 during the RTÉ One news, the lights went out for about a second here in Cabinteely..
    The TV remained on and in the seconds that followed, I flicked around and all channels were off on ntl analogue for about 10 seconds.

Network 2 was a black screen for about 30 seconds, then the video they were playing kicked back in...

RTÉ One came back with a black screen, then a jumbled image, then for about 10 minutes a "ONE" logo was on screen whilst a lady announced "We apologise for the break in transmission, we hope to return to the newsroom shortly".
    On return, the newsreader apologized for the very much unexpected break in tx and said a power outage in the area was to fault.

Wonder where the fault was? We aren't that close to Donnybrook here so the brief outage must have been quite widespread.

This did happen once before in my memory when I saw lightning strike an esb pole in the mountains and RTÉ Radio went out for a brief moment at the studio end whilst lights dropped out here.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Hmm... you've already posted this.

ATTN: Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement