Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpainted Strats

Options
  • 18-05-2003 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to buy an unpainted strat or how would you go about doing it by yourself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

You coud but a strat and sand it, or you could get one of those guitar kits and paint and build your guitar.

A paint it yourself strat wouldn't really make sense to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by DamienH
    Is there anyway to buy an unpainted strat or how would you go about doing it by yourself

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

cause they look good

Bit like that guy nuno bennecourt (dunno the spelling) from Extreme. His strat body was unpainted wasn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Bit like that guy nuno bennecourt (dunno the spelling) from Extreme. His strat body was unpainted wasn't it.
    Yep it did look good but wasn't that a Washburn N2 (or N4) rather than a strat?

• Advertisement

The original quitar was one he made himself from parts, and was mainly strat parts I think. The Wasburn N2 and N4 were their reproduction of his original one. (a signiture model cash in etc.) They changed the body style and made it slight elongated I think. Nice guitar though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    The original quitar was one he made himself from parts, and was mainly strat parts I think
    That's cool, I didn't know :) Yeah nice guitar anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

They look really good. Sand a painted strat down and put some light varnish on it. Make sure it has a white fingerplate though. Anything else just looks bad.

I think most of the unpainted ones, and the bennecourt N2 & 4 had some sort of oil/resin rubbed into the wood and they are normally left unvarnished.

Advertisement