Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Help! Help!

Options
  • 17-05-2003 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am a Boards.ie User logging in as a different Name. I Need your help, I Need your Advise.

For the past few years i have been working in the same Job. Due to Internal Politics i am going no where in the Job. I am bored in the Job, and am Bored out of my Job. I need a change, i need something else.

So what are my options:-

1) Keep in the same Job (its easy) but be bored...

2) Get a new job

3) Move somewhere else.

4) Go to the third world.

Number 4 may seem like a joke - but it`s not. I am seriously thinking of going over there and doing charity work. Do any of you know how to go about this. There is nothing keeping me here afterall..

I Thank You.
    Rather Drunk Poster......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i moved.

it depends on what sort of person you are and what type of risks you want to take.
    you could be safe and careful and stay in your present job, or you could get a new one, or you could move country or you caould move continent.

what do you want to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Originally posted by Arbez
    I am bored in the Job, and am Bored out of my Job. I need a change, i need something else.

Says it all really.

I have been in the same position for the last twelve months and today is my last day in the job. I dont have a job lined up but fúck it. The job was detrimental to my mental well being so it's time to move on.

It doesnt matter what your options are. Look for something immediately that will keep the cash flowing and that presents a fresh challenge to you. Dont know about you, but if my brain isnt being constantly worked from all angles I go outta my head with boredom very quickly.

Get out of there. There. Plain as the nose on yer face. :D

K-

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

not exactly the ideal position Kell.
    the saying that its easier to get a job when you have a job is always true (although i guess contracing would be different)

iw ould seriously suggest the original poster gets a job before jacking in his current one. at lesat while waiting for a new job, do things in work that will help them along the way. study and stuff. try and get some certs, or trade awards or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

It is very tough out there at the moment to get a decent job - not like the past few years that have gone before us...

However, one things for sure.... Life is way too short to be wasting in a job that your are not happy in. Working takes up the majority of your life. If you were to die tomorrow what would you remember? That ****ty job you worked in?

Imagine dying tomorrow knowing that you had a great laugh everyday and got paid for it.......

Or in case number 4. You went and helped people becuase thats what YOU wanted to do...

Whatever you choose, go by your gut instinct. It's usually right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Arbez

ahhh what to do...

I think i`ll stick it out for a few more months, then perhaps feck off somewhere for a few months...unless i meet Miss Right!!!!

Apologies to one and all.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Arbez

OK.....hello again....

Decisions....Decisions.....

I think i need out, if i stay in work for a few more months an opportunity may arise to enhance my career further,,,but then again it mighnt not....broken promises and all that. If i stay i may al;so go nuts..

Att the same time an opportunit y og a job overseas has arosen (unpaid) ....what will i do...

Advertisement