Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling from Naas to Dun Laoighaire

Options
  • 17-05-2003 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I was wondering if somebody could help me out here.

I currently work in Stillorgan/Dun Laoighaire area and am thinking of moving house to Naas.

I wanted to get an idea of the traffic situation, and see if there are some alternative routes going from Naas to Dun Laoighaire without going the Naas -> M50 route.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's a few backroads about the place, but nothing too useful. That's a bit of a bitch of a drive, which would be grand if the Wicklow mountains weren't in your way :)

I'd avoid the N7 inbound for a start. Go to Blessington, and then towards Tallaght - the traffic on this part of the N81 can be heavy, but moves steadily. When you get to Brittas, don't follow the N81, but turn right, and drive up over Bohernabreena. Very few people use this road, and it's only 1 time in 20 that you'll get stuck behind a truck. This will drop you out beside the Old Mill in Firhouse.

From here, you've a multitude of options. My advice would be to make your way towards the Stillorgan dual carraigway, avoiding Dundrum and Belfield. There's very little point of taking the M50 from Knocklyon to it's end at peak times. The time you save will be wasted queuing at Dundrum.

Sorry I can't be more helpful about the route through Dublin, being on a bike for the last year, I don't know the meaning of traffic anymore, so can't tell you what areas are bad and what areas are good, etc.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try the N7 -> Citywest, N82 -> N81 / Jobstown, N81 -> M50, M50 to Ballinteer and then through chaos to Stillorgan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mj

Thanks guys for you insight, appreciate it.

Mj

Advertisement