Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which to get.

Options
  • 14-05-2003 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

I used to have a subscription to Marvel superheros reborn and it was good but it did end.
    I'm thinking of subscribing again, whats the beat one out there at the moment.
    Only Marvel please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

The Ultimates.

Unfortuately it's bimonthly cos the artist takes yonks doing the really detailed bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spock

The Ultimates, is that a Marvel one.
    I've never heard of them or it or whatever. Iassume i can get it in the forbidden Planet

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Go here and use the DotComic player to have a gander at Ultimate X-Men and The Ultimates' first few issues.

I'd recommend the first TPB of The Ultimates - very cool when you see who's in it.

And yes, the Ultimate line is a Marvel product - a re-imagining of their oldest characters/teams with none of their old backstories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I've got a few issues of the ultimates but I haven't read them yet, but as he says go to www.marvel.com and the dotcom section. Sign up so that you get to see all comics on offer.

Ultimate Spiderman would have to be probably the best title out at the moment, but if you're interested in mini series only or getting into something new....you could try any of the new titles coming out - a good one would be Venom. As for mini series, well you have the wolverine mini series, a few iron man ones thrown in....check out marvel.com subscription area to see what's on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

The Ultimates - Marvel
    Ultimate Spiderman - Marvel
    Y: The Last man - new comic from Vertigo. Was best new comic of the year last year.
    HERO - DC Very good new comic. Only on Issue 4 now.
    They are my fav at the mo.
    There is an excellent Batman story at the mo by Jeph Loeb but it's about 5 issues in and the first issue is impossible to get.

• Advertisement

The Ultiamtes sounds similar to the "Reborn" which i used to read, and the Reborn was very good. I think ill bring this further.
    Ye ill get out marvel.com

Fro the recent films im very interested in the X-men but i hear their comics are very dark, very.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

x-men? Dark? not really. I mean I used to love the old wolverine comics around the 40-60 mark where he'd tear through literally hundreds of people in a big fight, or when he ended up in the savage land and got stuck in a big cavern.....and these dinosaurs were stampeding off the end of the cavern, and he got out by killing them all and stacking their bodies up one by one and climbing out, while still killing them and getting eaten up by the t-rex's. Good stuff tbh! But the X-men themselves are more about wholesome values of good v evil and how to keep friends together when loved ones die etc....

I mean the whole series when Colossus' sister died....and then when colossus killed himself to cure the legacy virus....again all good stuff

Depends want you're into. If you want violence - go wolverine. If you want stories that are meant to make you feel good or aim to please without as much violence...go X-men. It has issues such as X-men (volumeII) issue 30 where Scott and Jean get married....and a few issues before that is an issue devoted to memories of when they first got together (the issue Scott proposes to Jean). It's based around thanksgiving and all the X-men outside having a game of football (american) with a funny bit where they throw the ball near Xavier and they all pile up on him....then you see him next page covered in bandaids from all the cuts :D

OK getting nostalgic....better stop now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Wolverine is being restarted at issue #1 again with a new creative team and will apparently place more of an emphasis on detective work than violence.

What i like about the X-men is the fact that although it is good v evil its not that black and white. i mean Wolverine is a good guy but he kills anyone and Magneto is the bad guy but he dosen't think he is.
    I saw the Ultimate Spider man comic and was a little disappointed with the standard of drawing, although bril and more than i can do i have seen Marvel do better

Advertisement