Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need A website Designed

Options
  • 14-05-2003 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi,

If any web developers are out there and looking for a nixer,

please reply with sites that you have done, and a general idea on price.

brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Rapidude,

Price will always depend on what you want for your site - whether it's just going to be a simple 5-page information site, a more complex graphically gorgeous brochureware site, an information-driven content management system, a full blown e-commerce solution, or some hybrid somewhere in-between.

Nobody can quote you without knowing what exactly you're looking for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Rapidude

Looking for about a 10 page site, with just information for starters, so a more complex graphically gorgeous brochureware site!!

I will provide content, just need it designed.

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 deando

Hi Brian,

I'm a freelance website designer based in Phibsboro and am interested in the work.

My site is http://www.deandodesign.com if you wish to look at some of my most recent client work.

Kind regards,

Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Yo,
    webdesigner = me , not a webprogrammer, cant do cgi or whatever. Can do it very cheap too . http://www.bionic.tk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

I'll do it cheaply. Can do Web prgramming too. Particularly like Flash and Java servlets.
    www.sharpstone.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

2bscene are a web development company based in Sallynoggin. Only began trading in March.

We can provide highly competitve quotes for professionaly developed websites.

If you want more details just send me a mail!

Thanks
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭remoteboy

PMed you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

These people look hungry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Hello,

I'll do a nice webpage for you for 250 euro.
    I'll also show you the options for purchasing a domain, and the decision for hosting can be left up to you.

Try http://homepage.eircom.net/~yoyoyo/

Private message me if you want to talk to me in person.

Thanks,

Chump.

ps. You can talk to me about the price...

I'll do one for €125.

sample:
    www.sharpstone.net

Peter Dungan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'll give you a 10 page website for €4.75

no.. seriously.. I'm seriously taking the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Well fair play to ya so...

I wouldnt do it for less than 200...

Jaysus - no wonder so many web desing companies have collapsed.

There seems to be two reasons....

1. People charging as little as €150 - €250 for a website, which is ruining business for the other companies who know that price can't be sustained

2. Then theres the people that are offering this ridiculously low prices and then realsing that they can't sustain a business at those prices.

I suppose it goes back to the old saying... you get what you pay for...

Can't get experience without work; can't get work without experience. That's why people will work for such low rates.

I did it when I started!

What did I do... a whole load of personal sites, then I went a did friends favours, friends that wouldnt normally pay for a site, even if one was only €150.......

There are plenty of other ways of getting experience. Especially now - a lot of web development companies would welcome free help from people like you judging by your website!

so its up to you how you want to play it. Keep doing ridiculously low pirced websites so that the companies you want a job from run out of business??? Where will you get a job then!

The other side of the coin is to setup your company -then you can charge €30 per hour or whatever, that way the industry is ticking over and your making a reasonable living.

"Especially now - a lot of web development companies would welcome free help from people like you judging by your website!"

What about cheap help? I am looking for a job. Live near Sallynoggin too. (Killiney).
    Also, if you like, I can put you in touch with the other person who worked on that site, who currently works in a Web design company in London, but may want to return to Dublin, particularly if he can get a job here. He'd be living near Sallynoggin too. (Dún Laoghaire).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

apparently the average price for a website for a medium sized business at the moment is around €3000

If you put that €3000 in context its not that bad...

Most companies charge anywhere between €300-500 per day for a designer (not developer)

So with twoing an froing with designs and content it can easily add up to 2 weeks work (I know people can do it in less time - but generally speaking its about 10 days work for a medium sized well designed site). 10 x 300 = 3000... but that doesnt include domain names, search engine submissions, hosting, maintenace etc, etc.....

I'm talking cheap as in €18000 a year. I'll send you my CV if you're interested, or think you may be in the future. I'm a hard worker, never take sick days; only took one day's holiday even in my last job. I think I've good references too.

Yeah sure send it on to me.

I have only started business since March and am hoping to take on some more staff within the coming months. so send on your cv and I will keep it on file.
    I'm a hard worker, never take sick days; only took one day's holiday even in my last job. I think I've good references too.

To be honest - hard workers, people that never take sick days etc arent really what makes me hire someone - I hire people that are extremely interested in their job, people that if they can't figure something out while in work - they spend their time at home researching it aswell... not for the jobs sake, but for their own progression.

These people tend never to get sick becuase they love their job!!!

To them its more of a chore sitting at home doing nothing than being in work learning as much as they possibly can!

ps - i am one of those people! and maybe we are freaks... lol

send on the cv!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by tomED

To be honest - hard workers, people that never take sick days etc arent really what makes me hire someone - I hire people that are extremely interested in their job, people that if they can't figure something out while in work - they spend their time at home researching it aswell... not for the jobs sake, but for their own progression.

These people tend never to get sick becuase they love their job!!!

To them its more of a chore sitting at home doing nothing than being in work learning as much as they possibly can!

ps - i am one of those people! and maybe we are freaks... lol

send on the cv!

i agree with you on that one. im someone who is always trying to better myself. i havent had a sick day in about 3 years and i like work.
    these are the people who you want, but how to identify them, is another thing altogether :)

if only every hire will spend their lunch hour at their desk studying :)

these are the people who you want, but how to identify them, is another thing altogether

Yeah exactly, in fact most of these people end up working for themselves anyway. I left my previuos very well paid job to set up on my own, for numerous reasons but the main one that made me jump was the fact that the company was no longer progressing at a pace that it needed to be for me to be constantly learning. Now im living on a thread, in an area that I know a lot about - but learning more about business than what I orginally thoght I wanted... but the buzz is the constant learning, learning something new everyday!!!!
    if only every hire will spend their lunch hour at their desk studying
    LOL - yeah I wish - ah no to be honest, i prefer people to take breaks when they want to, again its all down to morale - if they know they have that little bit of freedon to go take a break when they feel like it.... they tend not to do it!!!!

I know in my last job I had 20 staff that I managed - i let them freely come and go..... and they never left!!!!!!! Just becuase they had so much fun that there was no reason to leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Jaysus - no wonder so many web desing companies have collapsed.

There seems to be two reasons....

1. People charging as little as €150 - €250 for a website, which is ruining business for the other companies who know that price can't be sustained

But that if the person is as GOOD as a certain business and cant get a job then you cant expect him to ask for much.

Advertisement