Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adam And Eve

Options
  • 12-05-2003 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

hi
    maybe someone can make some sence of this
    we are all descendants of adam and eve
    but.. adam and eve had 2 sons i think.. (maybe 3) i dont know but anyway what then??

also another thing i could never figure out was catholics believe that communion and wine at mass IS the body and blood of christ but protestants believe that it just represents the body and blood of christ although i was raised a catholic i think the protestant idea here is right

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭sanvean

As far as I know, the sons of Adam and Eve went to the Land of Nod, and mated with the women there. I think it's in Genesis. The bible doesn't explain how the people of the land of Nod came to be there, but various answers have been offered, one of which seems to centre on Adam and Eve having numerous sons and daughters (which it says in the bible). Now, of course, there's a problem with Cain and Abel mating with their sisters, but that's explained by Adam and Eve and their immediate descendants being 'perfect' (or as perfect as possible, given Adam's sin) therefore the genetic mutations etc of incest aren't a problem. no, really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

1stly, I believe I am descended from Homo Bosei et al, (on my mothers side at least :) )

2ndly, you are referering to the doctrine of transubstiation, where whilst the outward appearence remains the same, the host & wine convert to the substance of Christ. This is doctrine, from I think, the council of Trent in 1545. I think the Church points to various texts for this belief esp., that of Cor 11:26-30.

Advertisement