Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy Guitars Online?

Options
  • 12-05-2003 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi people,
    I'm living in cork and there are no good guitar shops in the area.
    Can anyone reccomend an irish online guitar site from which i can buy a fairly decent guitar off.
    I know of that german site (thomann) that evryone keeps referring to but i dunno if i could trust getting one all the way from there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Crowleys on Mercurtain Street isn't bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭LURCH

i ordered a BC Rich NJ series beast from thomann.de (£400) about a week ago, it arrived yesterday. The customer service is great (had probs with credit card) and i honestly think they are to be trusted.
    p.s beast rocks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Crowleys are good alright but i want a cool axe that noone else has! You wanna buy a guitar and show it off before some smart ass says
    "oh that guitar is in crowleys and they dropped the price by €100".
    That would definetly happen to me!
    So much choice with guitars these days its hard to make up the mind!
    Crowleys have a nice Epiphone sg design gothic guitar that caught my eye, might just get that, haven't played it yet tho, anyone else played it or got one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

how much you looking to spend and what type of music do you want to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

www.music123.com
    Good quality Guitars
    Big range of brands (altho not all models)
    Guitar will arrive within a working week
    Cheaper than thomann.de

I know ppl that have bought from here,theres no dogeyness.

Take a frigg'n risk and live a little by ordering from them.
    Crowleys have a nice Epiphone sg design gothic guitar, haven't played it yet tho, anyone else played it or got one?
    Most ppl who have an SG first notice how the neck always slumps towards the ground (its ment to happen), next a lot of ppl say it has a fat neck (some ppl like this). Over all its a decent guitar for the money you pay, but if you want something different don't get an SG coz every one has one and lately it has been refered to as "The Poser / Bitch Guitar" (Still a nice guitar tho)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

if you want something different don't get an SG coz every one has one and lately it has been refered to as "The Poser / Bitch Guitar" (Still a nice guitar tho)

Someone siad the same thing to me yesterday and that's why i'm trying to find a web site that has a better range than crowleys!

I'll be looking to spend about €500 on the guitar and i play heavy rock style. Rage, Deftones System of a down kinda stuff but a lot of older stuff, Led Zep, Pink Floyd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Go into any shop and try a few guitars, pick the one you like and then buy it at Thomann. You'll have it delivered to your door in 5 days (German Post - €23).

I bought a LOT of equipment there, never had problems. With €500 you can get a good guitar, definitely.

Guitars123 is good but they won't ship some brands (E.G. Fender, Gibson) outside the US.

You play heavy stuff you might consider also Jackson and ESP

Good luck! A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

Have a look at these, these are some guitars i think you'd like going by the music you like.
    There all under 500 euros i think, some come with free shipping some don't (the shipping is about 70)
    Any way heres a few main brands

ESP Explorer $419 = E366.423

ESP Flying-V $199.99 = E174.888

ESP Viper(SG)$489 = E428.467

Jackson Kelly KE3 $449.99 = E393.490

Jackson DXMG Electric Guitar $449.99 = E393.490

Jackson Warrior XT Electric Guitar $399.99 = E349.772

IbanezIC300 (Iceman) $482.49 = E421.930

Washburn Dimebag Darrell Culprit $499.99 = E437.229

Hope that helps you, if you see one you like but don't wanna get it from music123, ask in your local guitar shop to get it in for you, but it will probably cost you a lot more

Thanx guys, not only will i be waking up the neighbours soon like bryan adams, i'll be deafening the poor sods daron malakian style!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭/|/)etal)-|ead

Sorry if this is a dumb question - if you buy stuff from music123
    do you have to pay 21% extra?

p.s. I'm in Cork too, and because of the lack of decent guitar shops, I bought a guitar and amp from thomann, it seems like a pretty trustworthy business, I wouldn't worry about ordering from them.

Yep you'll have to pay 21% VAT + custom duties :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

I bought my LEs Paul off music123...didnt pay any 21% (VAT) custom charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

yeah , you kinda run the gauntlet when ordering from em. Though that ESP Flying V price is ****ing outstanding. If i had a few bob lying around id get the bad boy

Originally posted by Washout
    I bought my LEs Paul off music123...didnt pay any 21% (VAT) custom charge.
    This is weird... maybe you were lucky, fair play to you!

I enquired about this beautiful fellow here and was told I was liable for 21% VAT + custom duties. Since it would have worked out cheaper anyway (see below), I asked them for a complete quote and was told Fender doesn't allow them to ship outside the US anyway.

Price at Thomann: €990
    Price at Music123: $630 (+21% = 762.30)

Price in Ireland: €1300/1400 Hahahaha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Was gonna by this http://www.music123.com/Item/?itemno=67743 but then i bought a car and have ordered a lappie so I won't be gettin that for a while!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

I ordered an ESP Explorer from music123.com and I didn't have to pay the customs either, got it delivered and all for €420, would have cost me €1300 here, its an excellent guitar, and I absolutly recomend music123, I had it within a week.

Advertisement