Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much per hour | per Day ?

Options
  • 11-05-2003 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,

what should I be looking for as a contractor rate ?

I've 3 yrs experience VB , ASP & SQL db web programming, also
    some java (Sun cert Prog & web developer) with other bitsn'pieces.

I'm hearing 180-200 / day is in the ball park, would that be accurate, is that too much...too little...

How long is that piece of string ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

obviously no-one has a clue boo-boo :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

150-350 seems to be the range. Some people have suggested up to 500 but I can't see that myself, certainly haven't heard of anyone getting that. Lots of people pitching for few contracts, about 50-100 for every job, so I've been told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭boo-boo

about 50-100 for every job, so I've been told.

Awwwwwhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooooooooo

Check out this job on the FAS site.
    Application Developer (Senior Position)

Application developer required to work in Killarney. Duties will involve using visual studio.net. The successful candidate is required to be certified as a Microsoft application developer using c+ using visual studio.net

Job Reference :JB96377 No. of Vacancies :1
    Contract type :Permanent / Full Time
    Hours per week : 35
    Start date :ASAP
    Employer:
    Plan IT PC
    Countess Shopping Centre,Countess Road,Killarney, Co Kerry
    Tel: 064 38761 Fax: 064 38761 E-Mail: info@planitpc.net
    Experience Required :Fully Experienced.
    Salary : 7 p.h. Euro

see that Salary : 7 p.h. Euro WooHoo.

Quite a few places are testing applicants too, since lots of people seem to get creative about what they know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

at leat €35 per hour as freelance.

rememner a lot of the companies charge between €500-750 per day of developers time.

It usually would cost them on average around €10 per hour to hire an employee.

10 x 7 = €70, these companies are making a markup of at least €430 on you (excluding expenses etc obviuosly) But if you come in at around €35 (excluding VAT) these web development companies will look at using you instead of hiring a full time developer. Especially in todays current market.

I know I outsource a lot my work and I pay €30 + VAT per hour. But I have been offered €10 from some people, but their work isnt at the quality I need!

hope that helped!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭boo-boo

thanks gentlemen, very interesting indeed. I need to find these 35 / hr guys & shake the dust of these 7 / hr merchants from me heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

send me your cv and Ill keep you in mind

Originally posted by boo-boo
    thanks gentlemen, very interesting indeed. I need to find these 35 / hr guys & shake the dust of these 7 / hr merchants from me heels.

Surely a portfolio of work and a few probing questions would sort the men from the boys.

Advertisement