Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

College Shell

• 08-05-2003 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

I have a mate who own his own hosting company and was talking to him the other day. Was trying to find if he knew of any reliable shells that he knew of (I know that some of you have recomended some to me to but this guy uses shells on a daily basis). Anyhooo, it turns out that he was thinking of setting up a shell specificly for students. Afetr talking with him I think I have sorted out a nice deal for anyone interested.

It goes as follows:

1 gig of space (maybe more, will specify later).
    eggdrop
    ssh
    irc
    1 or 2 logins (no 100% clear on that)
    Web space
    and so on....

It is on a 100 meg dedicated (sharing of course).

The Price you ask???? €10 a month

If its setup (obviosly its not something I am doing so cant garantee that it will be up and running) and it should be it will be running in september.

Anyways. The 1 gig of space may only go to the first 10 ppl (9 ppl, I'm first, hehe) but again will confirm, later

More details to come later..... oh and ask me any questions and I will let u know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 spartic

Why pay???

When there is so many free out there and you are given them when you dont even want them, although if he offering 1gig of space man that will most definitly be abused

Same question why pay??
    [url]telnet://sdf.lonestar.org[/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SnowBaller

Originally posted by Snowball
    I have a mate who own his own hosting company and was talking to him the other day. Was trying to find if he knew of any reliable shells that he knew of (I know that some of you have recomended some to me to but this guy uses shells on a daily basis).

1 gig of space (maybe more, will specify later).
    eggdrop
    ssh
    irc
    1 or 2 logins (no 100% clear on that)
    Web space

It is on a 100 meg dedicated (sharing of course).

The Price you ask???? €10 a month

You are so full of shit it's not even funny anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Muppetry.

This is the company that would be providing the shell if ppl r interested.

Anyways, I'm not the looser that spent his time going around after someone posting how much he does not like someone.

Advertisement