Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 bin Kerb side collection in Waterford City

Options
  • 01-05-2003 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Waterford City council took a great leap foward when it decided to start a proper waste recycling programme for the city. From June all households will have a three-bin system which will cater for organic waste, obvious recyclible stuff like bottles and a third bin for other materials. The bins will cost nothing and the emptying
    will be done on a 3 week rota.

http://www.waterford-today.ie/index.php?id=7805&what=1&issue=145

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

that's an excellent idea, I wish other town councils would do the same.

Sometimes I try for a while to separate glass. paper etc and try to remember to bring them to the recycling place but I also just end up chucking them in the wheelie bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Kick ass! That's better than the Dublin scheme which uses just 2 bins, one for recycling and one for everything else.

It's brilliant to see Waterford take a leading role in something like waste disposal.

merlante

Advertisement