Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Licence Observation

Options
  • 01-05-2003 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Having recently moved into a new house I went about getting a TV licence this week (yeah the inspector called :D ). I went to my local post office and paid my €150 for the licence. That's that or so I though but when I was looking at it last night I noticed that it is valid from the 29th of April to the 31st of March.

I was rather peeved to say the least. If you are paying for a licence for a year then it should be valid for a year. I have sent an email off to the Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs explaining my complaint. They replied back saying that if you get a renewal notice that the licence is backdated to the date of that notice. Glad to see they paid attention to my complaint.

Having ranted about that, the staff at the post office could have said hang on two days and it would not have been an issue.

Advertisement