Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Stephen Lee fat?

Options
  • 29-04-2003 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

I saw him on the TV coverage the other day and I couldn't make up my mind...

Is Stephen Lee fat? 19 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    89% 17 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    10% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Forgive my ignorance, but who's Stephen Lee?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

I voted yes but to be honest does it really matter?

At the end of the day he is a fine young snooker player who prolly earns more in a year than we will in a life time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭simon_partridge

Well it only matters insofar as the poor man may face heart/blood pressure problems or the early onset of diabetes if it is concluded that he is, in fact, fat.

No amount of money will save you from that fate and I think we should possibly warn him about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

No amount of money will save you from that fate

faith??

who gives a flying fúck if he is??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Why just him?
    Why not warn all the overweight ppl in the whole wide world?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

It's not his fault , I think he basically ate all the pies :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

He's not fat....

.......he's rotund tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Course he's fat did you not see the sweat pouring out of him the other night he complained to the tournment officals saying the lights where too hot,yea right :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Originally posted by Sposs
    Course he's fat did you not see the sweat pouring out of him the other night he complained to the tournment officals saying the lights where too hot,yea right :)

Actually several players have complained about the heat in the Crucible afaik.

And besides, Lee kicks some hairy buttock cheek at snooker and thats what matters in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭simon_partridge

It's easy to say "He's good at snooker so it doesn't matter" but ultimately it will take its toll. There are very few sports on earth in which you don't need to be 'physically fit', even something like chess where you might think all you need to do is 'move your hand'.

For Lee to challenge consistently for honours over long matches and over a long number of years, he will need to shed the pounds, otherwise he will find himself fatigued and unable to generate the concentration needed ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Simon . . . you're right . . . he is unhealthily rotund . . .

Just like yer man bill whats his face who died in his 50's earlier this year !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Is Stephen Lee fat ? Well as Monty Burns put it ...

"Why, my good man, you're the fattest thing I've ever seen, and I've been on safari."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

who cares if hes fat, he is good at what hes does what else matters? and hes funny to look at

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Yep, he's fat - fairplay to him for dispelling the notion that snooker players are sportsmen.

Advertisement