Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C Generals Network Game Issues

Options
  • 24-04-2003 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Generals is definatley the best c&c so far I will say that, but I have noticed it runs dog slow when on a network.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is this only a problem for me?

PC's are both P4's and using a switch. Even with only 2 gamers and 2 AI it is a nightmare. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Both of you turn your eye candy to near zero, it helps ALOT, and also remember, it works of the speed of teh SLOWEST computer, so if one guys PC is horrable, you all lag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭feldy

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Both of you turn your eye candy to near zero, it helps ALOT,
    that was my first port of call and it helped a bit

and also remember, it works of the speed of teh SLOWEST computer, so if one guys PC is horrable, you all lag.
    both machines are P4's with at least 256 in the slower one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

That game runs like an asthmatic pensioner even on my 2666mhz P4 playing vs my brothers AXP1800 @ 2000 on a 100m/bit network. I think its probably poor programming. I certainly wouldn't want to see how slow it is on the net!

Originally posted by Praetorian
    That game runs like an asthmatic pensioner. I think its probably poor programming. I certainly wouldn't want to see how slow it is on the net!
    it is such a shame as the game is sooooo good. amazing how companies can release games of this calibre that have such big issues. another pain game i have is CM4 and it is more bug filled than winXP and my god does that say something.

Why cant we simply have great games that work! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

you could try downloading the patch's, apparently they increased its performance alot (but my athlon 900mhz runs it smooth as silk, its the cr*ppy pentiums i tells ye)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Pugsley
    you could try downloading the patch's

OH MY GOD
    just went to the westwood site to download what i thought would be a patch or 2. 5 patches plus a new map en-route :eek:

good thinkin pugsley (why diddnt i think of that?!?)

Advertisement