Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN wednesday 23-04-2003

Options
  • 23-04-2003 12:09pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1040196976616.shtml

the link above is to the scenario page on NWNVault.

Download the zip file (7.7mb) and extract the files to the directories listed in the Readme file.

See you all about 8:30

and no, it's not a classic conversion. It's a space filler.

oh, and yes there is a merchant but he's crap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Nice one.. downloaded and on zip ready for home.

Crap merchant huh? Ah well... I dont have much money but i have a load of stuff to sell :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Seem to be having a problem getting this module to load !

Any suggestions for a quick replacement ? Best if it has no hak

Panic over problem sortted.

Nice one Rev... 7 mins is all it took you to sort it!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1028666458346.shtml

here ya go. No hak file. I have no idea if its good or not, but the first reviews I read seem to love it.

well, cancel that. I dunno, I go looking for alternatives and what does he go and do? he fixes the problem so we can play the one originally selected which means people didnt waste time downloading the HAK for no reason.... typical :rolleyes:

hehe, nice one rev :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Doli

Hi guys,
    someone called in sick so im stuck with nightwatch....
    that sucks .... :mad:
    So i cant make it tonight, well i might just pop in to see if anyone found something cool in the last module after i logged out. That is something i can use....:p
    Well see you shortly tonight...
    Doli "the coolest dwarf or soon to be!"

Doli i have a LOAD of gear in my bag of holding for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

server crashed!

Sry about that guys, when I finally got back to checking the board and posts it was to late.

I've updated the server scripts to resume automatically from the last auto save which should help in these situations in the future.

that scenario seemed to stutter a bit while we were playing it.

I ran through it at home after it crashed (only the northern mines section we had already done) and it still stuttered a bit. Not a good sign. Me thinking the scenario itself is a bit unstable. Maybe he is using all placed creatures rather than spawning encounters as needed.

My suggestion would be to scrap that module and I'll go find another. Just to be on the safe side.

Meanwhile I'll have a browse for a decent HCR module for tonight/tomorrow (in celebration of your temporary freedom).
    Anyone got a preference for level?

• Advertisement

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1033341838360.shtml

a massive dungeon crawl in the spirit of 1st ed DnD seemingly.
    Semi hcr rules, sounds like fun but there are some complaints about the ending.

Like the sound of this one, shall we say 9:00ish gentlemen, I've a baby to put to bed first and drinks to fetch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

I'll be there.

yeah, a bit later sounds VERY nice (only this time thou, I'll start complaining and moaning about it being too late again after this game :D)

I'll go to THW and do my paperwork sooner today so I hope I can be there tonight. Reading through the posted README of the module, this should really be fun :)

so, what would we need, judgeing from the README?
    - a rogue (seems to be pretty important this time)
    - a cleric or two (obviously)
    - a mage (sorc/wiz, always nice to have)
    - an all-in-all complement of at least 3 CQBs

optional:
    - a druid
    - a bard
    - a paladin

I'll take a spot that is necessary but noone wants. Thou, I'd preferrably play rogue or cleric or fighter this time. I'm currently kinda fed up with that magic business ;)

cya
    - Flash

So we are ditching our characters and starting again?

well, i'll go mage or cleric this time round.

or vanilla fighter if needed.

saru: this is a seperate scenario. Our campaign chars will still be there for the monday and wednesday games.

Ah cool.. i kinda like Cerano and want to see him grow :D I still miss Saruman :ninja:

I want to go something i have not been yet. I have never played a monk to its potential. Just level 1 and also in mods where you get levelled up to 19 (a pimps quest.. very tough!!).

Your not ditching your characters just using new ones for this hcr session, which we will keep 'maybe' for future hcr games.

ohh bags thief

so lolth = mage (sorc or wiz?) and rev = rogue?

that'd fill the special slots. I think I'll go fighter or cleric then.

How many will there be? Its suggested no less than 4 but also any more than 4 makes it harder to level.

• Advertisement

heh, we're starting at lvl1... at lvl1 you didn't realize the module started when you suddenly gain a level... 1000xp... piece of cake... if you stay alive long enough, that is...

Advertisement