Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 16.04.2003

Options
  • 16-04-2003 10:13am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just in case anyone doesnt know yet (and you are running out of time if you dont), you WILL need a HAK file for tonights little jaunt into the world of pointy objects and stumpy things called Ragnar.

The HAK file can be found

http://www.darkkeep.com/viewtopic.php?p=58

at the link above. I have absolutely no idea what this scenario is like. The original PnP was designed as a group killer module but the author admits to taking huge liberties when converting it to NWN. If it's anything like the original we should be in for lots of respawning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

massive respawning due to single-encounters or due to masses of enemies?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

well, the pen and paper version had two instant death traps in the opening corridor, followed by the doorway leading off the hall actually being a disintegration chamber (in PnP terms, thats death with no hope of resurrection except by someone using a wish spell - or true resurrection in 3rd edition).

There was also a lovely room where the door locked behind you, the floor dropped away, the player fell into a 30ft deep pit with big spikes at the bottom (coated with poison) and undead then picked the corpse to bits. The trap then reset itself and the activity below was projected on the far side of the room for the victim's friends to rush in and save him :)

I had great fun with that one!

All along there were traps and false doors that changed gender, race, age, lopped off limbs, summoned big demons to play with you and there was even a creature that looked like a pool of water that hypnotised you into going for a swim... and then digested the PC and all his/her equipment.

To top it off, the big baddie used a Trap the soul spell as soon as you met him effectively possessing two members of the party....

ah, htose were the days :)

Not really my definition of fun then. Challenges are good, but impossible stuff ain't really fun.

well, the only scenario to present any sort of challenge so far was White plume mountain (I think everyone died at least once during that). Tomb should be about the same level of challenge (it is a wussied version of the pen and paper one seemingly).

And the PnP one I described above wasnt impossible. it has been beaten. Just takes a lot of effort :)

or the ppl just knew where was what trap :) (if that's possible... didn't play PnP games by now)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

hee sorry about the mix up, if ppl want I'll run the server again tonight (with the correct module :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I can live with that.... it was a walk in the park last night.. only took about 20 mins to beat that mod.. last time took us hours.. . We could have done it single player actually we are so much higher level than we were last time.

I reckon we save it for the monday session :)

last night was just funny. Considering how tough it was for us the first time round! This time we had half the people and we strolled through it.
    For example: I went to have a bit of fun with the dragon until the rest of the group turned up to help finish it off. Damn thing died on me after 4 rounds of combat (and didnt do any damage in the meantime).

Nice to see just how powerful the characters have grown. I also got a bit of practise at DMing in NWN. Could be useful for a scenario in the future :)

ah well, back to blood and guts on monday then.

grumble.....

looking at a module to run after the one lined up next (and it's getting tough to find decent modules now, especially for the higher levels). Anyway, imagine my delight when I found two that look promising. Only to discover that they have hak packs of 25 and 32 mb respectively :(

I cant see why the author cant say "this module uses the winter tileset, please download it here if you need it" we already have the winter tileset, why do we have to download it again? lazy authors not making their modules modular......

anyway, I'll keep looking.

broadband for everyone!!! :D

(seriously, who is still on 56k and ISDN?)

• Advertisement

well, i'm still on a 56k. I'm pretty sure Saruman is as well (though he has satellite for downloads), Lomir is on 56k, not sure about BC. Fairly sure Laeus is the same.

Yup 56k but i have Sat for downloads too... Though that expires soon and im not renewing as i will get broadband from Eircom or IBB or whoever i can in the next month or so.

Flash if you have BB... who are you with? What service?

flash is based in Germany if i remember right.

damn continentals with their fancy broadband.... in my day, we were lucky if you had a pcb and a piece of string. If you were really lucky you got to use a yoghurt carton once the family had finished licking it out, and you could wrestle it away from the hordes of ravenous rabid dogs roaming the streets.

In my day we only had 56k which was only a step up from carton cups that it almost seems pointless to make the upgrade! :D

I'm a customer of the german telekom. Got ADSL (768 down, 128 up). Thought about going to QSC (1024 down, 256 up and fastpath which would lower my pings), but I don't see the real use.

Kinda sucks that so many ppl don't have broadband :/
    Is it not available or is it too expensive?

In germany it's a bit strange: DSL is cheaper than 56k/ISDN :)
    It's because they're featuring the new technology and want everyone to use it so they can throw out the old stuff without having to buy new equipment for an old technology (56k/ISDN).

Reading through what I just wrote... I think I'll sober out before I post anything other than "yeah" or "sure, I agree" :p

damn... what a hangover....

cya in a couple of hours
    - Flash

p.s.: tried to keep typos and grammar-errors out of the post as best as possible, but don't expect wonders ;)

Advertisement