Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Chat with €ircon

Options
  • 14-04-2003 12:19pm
    Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭

I'm on a live chat session through the €ircon website with someone talking about i-Stream. I asked how they decide which exchanges are enabled and they said the ones closest to the Internet ATM followed by the big exchanges. They also told me the Tyrrelstown exchange is not on their list of exchanges to enable as it's too small. I guess the same can be said for other small exhanges then.

Just got disconnected due to a network problem. Funny that seeing as I just gave out about not getting my local exchange enabled anytime soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 idnb

I was disconnected twice from that live chat applet. I think I'll just phone eircom tonight.

All this new-fangled technology eh ? :rolleyes:

[Moderators Edit: Remove that sig my boy. www.boards.ie/sigrules ]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

"No definite date. Due to be upgraded between Summer 2003 and Spring 2004, depending on Operational issues"

:confused::( :mad:

Thats for Skerries & Balbriggan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Heh, they chatted to me for about 3 lines when I posted a traceroute that showed a problem.. then they asked was I a subscription customer! I was and replied "yes" and they just ignored me, even when I went back in later!!

.cg

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

by the sounds of it they're not gonna upgrade exchanges even if there's a huge demand from the connectees. Small exchanges can forget about it too. Wireless is my only hope now if the companies involved ever get up and running in D15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

Does anyone else who has a modem call them to find out when they'd be "activated"?

I'm asking, because I was informed that existing modem owners would not be handled till next week - bizarre, I'd thought we'd be the easy ones to sort out...

I guess they want to get the squids in on those suckered into buying a modem from the empire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The response times were woeful. It wasn't like chatting to a person, it was more like an automated response. Wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe I'll just stay in America :o

Advertisement