Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fergus does it again

Options
  • 14-04-2003 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

This was in yesterdays Tribune I guess. I am on Fergus' mailing list so I read it with much amusement this morning. This is a great piece and although I have seen many comments on the subject before, it is great to see it so well put in the national press. No pussy footing around.
    http://www.ethos.org/phonebills.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Agreed, it is a great piece.. I believe that it is coming true.. maybe they'll cop on, but I think, for all of us [IOFFL People] anyway it's too late for Eircon.

But then there's people like my mother..
    She doesnt want two bills, keeping the one in order is enough for her.
    She doesnt want Eircom to blame the provider and the Provider to blame eircon, while she has no phone to make calls on.
    Its always been Eircom/telecom Eireann, why change now?

Maybe this article will help people like my mother, people afraid of change, people afraid to leave.. *The Eircon Zone

*Any similarities between the eircom zone and the twilight zone are strictly coincedental. PimpNinja inc. does not propose to link the lack of broadband service, and screwed up last mile infrastructure to the Twilight Zone, as clearly even paranormal activity isn't as fusked up as Eircom's idea of customer service...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

An excellent article. And funny to boot.

I'm sure there are quite a few people around the country responding to the Man From Eircom's declaration of "No, we're 8.6% cheaper" with "I'm already saving more than that with Esat/UTV, shag off"

If Eircom ever bothered to call to me in the three years since I divorced them, that's what I'd be saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Excellent insight into the mind of an Irish interent user.

kudos to Fergus and his writings in the last few years.
    Ethos is the 1st thing I always look at in the Tribune :)

Advertisement