Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Cost of Cutting an Acre

• 12-04-2003 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ MazyMo

Does anyone know what it might cost to have someone with a tractor cut the grass of an acre field?

I've been looking at a few country houses, so I just wondered what it might cost to have the grass cut.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Thanx 4 The Fish

€65 to have our two pitches cut, that's about an acre. You might be better off to get yourself a ride-on. They are about €1200 new, would pay for itself after a years cutting and maintenance is quite cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ MazyMo

Was that a professional gardener you got; or did you get a local farmer to use their tractor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 Number6

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    You might be better off to get yourself a ride-on.

Ride-on's are class, well worth it. We have quite a large front and back garden and it breezes thru it in no time. And there a lot easier on the pocket than a farmer/gardener.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ daveg

MazyMo - read my reply to your post in DIY/Gardening. I have a good contact in Galway for ride on lawnmowers.

Advertisement