Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Senate rejects moves to drill for oil in US Arctic reserve.

Options
  • 11-04-2003 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭

George W Bush has been defeated by his own Senate which rejected his plans to drill for oil in the pristine Arctic wilderness.

http://www.stopesso.com/campaign/00000103.php

In all this doom and gloom about war and people dying (some say over oil, some say over weapons of mass destruction) I think that it is quite progressive and in fact even enlightened of the American Senate (a Republican controlled House) to reject White House plans to drill for oil in the Arctic reserves of Alaska.

Perhaps there is some hope of curbing the US's massive output of pollution from use of fossil fuels.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

Its great to hear alright. About time some of his ludicrous ideas were curbed. Gives us hope that their minds can be changed(or at least their plans):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Feck!

Damn good news I must say, I just assumed it would go through.

Could be hope after all (however minor):cool:

Advertisement