Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL ads

Options
  • 11-04-2003 12:27am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well as expected Eircom has started tonight (Thursday evening) going all out advertising their new RADSL product on TV.

There have been ads on all night and they also mention it after the weather on RTE (which they sponsor).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭talla

adds have been going on TV (both RTE and TV3) after weather on both channels for well over a week now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Gonna ring up today myself, see if my line passes for RADSL as it failed for ADSL.

Will be interesting to see how many fails RADSL will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

The thing that has me fuming every time I hear one of these ads is that it is a halfway decent advertising campaign. Its getting a good deal of publicity (See Sunday Business Post pull-out) and I fear that a huge amount of the countries SME's are going to whip it up pretty fast.

The severe lack of advertising on the part of the other "competitors" will mean that this campaign will work spectacularly well for eircom.

The average consumer will look at this as an amazing leap in the communications industry and that they are lucky to be able to get such advanced communications options.

Makes me fume it does.

Although I see that they have retained some of their arrogance by way of a radio ad that says that information about the package can be found at www.eircom.ie/business.

Still being made to sound like it is some sort of business advantage and not for the home user. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I heard their ad on LMFM (local radio) this morning. "surf the internet for €1.50 a day!". Then at the end : "prices quoted do not include VAT". heh :) God I hate hate vat exclusive prices!

Going to give them a buzz now and see if my line passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by The Clown Man
    The average consumer will look at this as an amazing leap in the communications industry and that they are lucky to be able to get such advanced communications options.

Makes me fume it does.

My sentiments exactly clown! :mad:

• Advertisement

Ok! I just rang them, was asked a few questions about what OS I use...she also said that they don't supply the modem, if i wanted a modem i'd have to call a separate company (I forget the name she said, sorry). She also asked me if i'd had my line tested with any other provider.

She then said "ok so the engineer should be out in around 10 working days ok?" and i'm like ....uh...I didn't actually say ok i'll sign up. That's very cheeky of eircom. Didn't even ask me my account number or any verification questions and they were ready to put me on the install list.

But it's nice that my line has passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

She then said "ok so the engineer should be out in around 10 working days ok?" and i'm like ....uh...I didn't actually say ok i'll sign up. That's very cheeky of eircom. Didn't even ask me my account number or any verification questions and they were ready to put me on the install list.

Isn't it called the "assumptive close" - fairly common in telesales, methinks?

Originally posted by maxheadroom
    Isn't it called the "assumptive close" - fairly common in telesales, methinks?

Yes, if a customer rings up and says "Hi i'd like to sign up for product X please" then it's ok, but I said "Hi i'd like to enquire whether your new DSL product is available in my area?".

Advertisement