Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movil, Co. Donegal

Options
  • 10-04-2003 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

were is there to go to hear good live music in
    Movil, Co. Donegal
    i'll be heading up i that direction in july for a while.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

i am not trying to be funny here but i remember a place that used to run in conjuntion with Zack's Bar in donegal town, since gone, but i remember it being twinned with some place in moville or bridge end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Not sure about Moville, but McGrory's in Culdaff, up the road, is supposed to be quite good.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by nanook
    i am not trying to be funny here but i remember a place that used to run in conjuntion with Zack's Bar in donegal town, since gone, but i remember it being twinned with some place in moville or bridge end.

Ah I remember Zacks in Donegal! It was a grand pub, which then became Baby Joes! It's called [i:vibes] now but sadly lost its way and is now a disco bar! Shame really as there used to be some good live bands in it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

what ever happened to Zack, last i heard he was moving back to galway, good man he was, had some really good ideas for that place, remember going there one night to see don baker, place was wedged. good night all the same.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, I had heard he was moving from Donegal town. Dunno where/what he's at though. Yeah, he had some fantastic ideas for the place. I remember the Baker gig, though I never made it.

Heh, remember the rope on the wall which read "Zacks" that was cool, I thought! :)

At the moment, the only place doing biggish live bands is Dom's Pier 1 (in Dreamers). The GNR gig was good in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Digitalfone

its the best place in derry and donegal for live music
    i think they have one or two sesions every night through the summer
    cheers digitalfone
    ps its only about 8/9 mile from moville

http://www.mcgrorys.ie/backroombutton.htm

Advertisement